Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Laguna Beach vacation


This past weekend I got to go on a mini-vacation to Laguna Beach. We stayed at this five room house but the owner and her two roommates were there too. The drive there was super long. It took two hours just to get out of LA and something like an hour and half to get there! The drive was super annoying but playing Fire Emblem made it more fun. The purpose of the trip was to meet up with my dad's friends, my brother's friend, and to have a fantastic time. Mission accomplished!

The first night we got there we ended up meeting with my dad's friends. They were nice folks from New York-a place I've been trying to visit to check out their jazz scene. We had this restaurant in mind but it was an hour wait and it was already ten at night. So we ended up eating at GG's Mediterranean restaurant. I can remember it because there was this cute Asian girl that was serving people outside. Anyways, I ordered a Seafood Spaghetti plate that came with mussels, calamari, and shrimp. It was great! The sauce wasn't too acidic which is a big factor for me when it comes to spaghetti. We had a great time telling jokes and sharing stories.

In the morning the next day I ended up playing a lot of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest. By the time it was eleven am I had completed the game. It took me a long time and I was playing on normal but I felt a great sense of accomplishment. I don't play too many single player games so it was a big deal for me. I plan on starting Birthright soon. I'm going to play it on hard mode to put my strategic skills to the test.

The next day was a busy one. We left around noon and went to San Juan Capistrano's Mission Basicila. For me it was the highlight of the trip. The church was beautiful with all this painted glass for the stations of the cross. I was moved by how the guitar player was leading everyone in prayer through song. I walked up to the front to join everyone without thinking. You could say that I felt the power of the Holy Spirit, if you believe in that sort of thing. I'm not really a religious person but I do have a Zen-like attitude towards pretty much everything I do. This guides me through stressful as well as peaceful situations in life. Also, the acoustic guitar was pretty sweet!

After that we had lunch inside this stationary fancy train at this place called the Vintage. In the old days fancy rich people would have lunch in moving trains as they travel around the country. Sounds like a good time don't it? The funny thing is that as fancy as that place was I had wings and they were playing smooth jazz. Pretty funny.

After that we went to the beach. There were so many beautiful women in bikinis and in general just sexy women all over this trip. We saw a lot of surfers riding medium-large sized waves. Parking was a nightmare but once we got settled and walked around I enjoyed it. I didn't swim or anything because by the time we were there (five pm) high tide set in and the waves were super strong. After walking around a while we sat down and chilled. I sat next to this young woman who never looked up from her cellphone for the entire time we were sitting down. People and their cellphones man...

That night my brother helped me out with a problem I was having on my laptop where Heroes of the Storm was lagging so hard to the point that it became unplayable. The solution was to update all my Blizzard games not just Heroes and that fixed it. Sometimes updating is all you need to fix things. Unless it tells you to upgrade to Windows 10. In that case upgrading isn't the fix. So that night I played a bit of Heroes. In addition, my brother brought his Xbox360 so I played a bit of Call of Duty Black Ops 2-my favorite CoD game. I went all sniper (svu-as) and the best game I had I went 20-10. Not bad for an amateur sniper who doesn't play the series.

The last day I woke up drenched in sweat. Should've left the door leading outside open. Oops. The thing that kind of sucked about the whole trip was that it was super hot. A moist humid kind of heat. The opposite of the Valley where its more of a dry heat. The owner of the house made breakfast for us. What a nice woman. I talked to her about music and stuff. She was surprised that I knew all the stuff from the 60s and 70s.

We packed up all our stuff then went to lunch at Sam Woo's (Chinese restaurant) in Rowland Heights-about thirty minutes away from the vacation house. My brother's friend was chill and his wife was really nice. He did say that Overwatch was for casuals. Although he said no offense I don't think Overwatch is a casual game. He was making the case that Battleborn takes more skill and has a higher skill cap than Overwatch. Even if that's the case I think Overwatch is the more interesting and fun game. He's been playing Battleborn with my bro lately.

In terms of food we had duck, honey walnut shrimp, and all these other goodies! We still have leftovers. I just ate some earlier. We talked for a super long time. About anything and everything. I liked how my bro's friends' wife was a geek too. She was telling me all about the new Killing Joke movie and how they were going to see the new Star Trek later that evening. We also talked about some Ryan Reynolds movies because someone brought up Dead Pool. She was also excited for Suicide Squad-which comes out soon.

All in all the trip was great. I didn't want to go because I thought I wouldn't have time to hang out with my friends. One of whom was only in town for a few days because he's a trucker and had to get back on the road. It was his birthday and I got to see him the night I got back. We gave him some birthday gifts. He got some Xbox1 games-Sunset Overdrive, Fallout 4, as well as a Deadpool shirt. Our other friend threw down to buy us all pizza. It was a great night hanging out with our original core friendship circle. 

To put it in funny terms I was living high on the hog. And this all happened in only three days ( this past Friday-Sunday). Life is damn good. Sometimes you gotta take a look back and be happy about how blessed you are. Now is one of those times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year, New Me, [Not Really]

Hello Universe ,  How is it going out there in the free world ? It's a new year, happy 2024! It's time for all those happy go lucky...