Saturday, September 24, 2016

New Axe, A Four String Twanger



I just recently bought this bass pictured above. This is the Guitar Center picture of it. It's now sitting peacefully in my living room, along with my other axes. This includes a red Hagstrom Super Swede Les Paul modded with a Seymour Duncan Jazz Pickup in the neck and DiZimazio Super Distortion Pickup in the bridge, a white Jackson Dinky with a Floyd Rose, and a Granada classical guitar.

I'm definitely ballin' super hard when it comes to musical equipment. The best part is that equipped with this bass me and my friends will be able to get our band going. I'm teaching my friends guitar and bass respectively and so far they're doing a great job picking it up. They still have some way before they can jam or improvise together but I've been teaching them easy riffs that I improvise and I'm also teaching them Smoke on the Water and Iron Man. I've been so immersed in teaching them music every-time we hang out now. I'm officially a music teacher. I've had guitar students in the past but none of those other people had as much promise or showed off too much skill in early development of playing the instrument.

This is all pretty exciting. The bass was a gift to myself for my birthday but I was thinking that eventually my other friend would borrow it to practice and git good on his own as well as learning from me when we hang out. We'll wait and see. The first day he practiced the bass he said he was interested in buying his own. We did see cheap basses at Guitar Center for as low as 80 bucks.

I was thinking the band would start off pretty punk, and then as the guys get better and faster we'd improve the riffs, make them more metal, and add some jazzy flair in there as well. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as the drummer goes we're still unsure. I was thinking about just using a drum machine or programs for recording purposes until we figure out about live drums. We want our other good friend to be the drummer but he's always too low on dough to afford to buy a kit and he lives in a small apartment so we'd have to stash it at my house or something.

The difficulties of starting a band. Hopefully we can make some great music together! I'll keep you updated on the guys' improvement and my teaching methodology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...