Tuesday, June 16, 2015

New Super Smash Brothers dlc


     So three new characters were introduced in the Super Smash Brothers dlc on June 14 at 8 am. They are Roy (from Fire Emblem), Lucas (from EarthBound or some game called Mother2), and Ryu from Streetfighter. Those are the characters from left to the right in the picture. All great characters with unique play styles that add much needed depth to this already great title. I play Super Smash on the new 3DS XL and it sure is fun playing with my friends on it. My friends just have the regular 3DS and we played a ton of matches today with the new characters. In fact, as soon as I got to my friends house I bought and downloaded these three new characters online through his wifi (pronounced weefee) connection. Roy and Lucas were $3.99 but for some reason Ryu was $5.99. Me and my friend were talking about how its such a rip off that Nintendo makes you buy these characters. Back in my day kids we had a Gamecube and played Super Smash Brothers Melee, and you could unlock every single character in the game by playing the game and completing objectives, and there was no online play or downloadable content. They have Mewtwo as another dlc character, but I already bought him a long time ago. Funny though, I never really liked his play-style and never played him because he seems to be more of a defensive character, and I'm more of a fast action offensive type Super Smash player. My main initially started as Shulk, because I bought Xenoblade with my 3ds xl, but today I really found out that my main is going to be Fox. My friend today said that 'you're crazy with Fox', and that I was super cheap haha. We played a ton of games today, testing out these new characters on each other. I would have to say that out of these three new characters I find Ryu to be the best. For one thing, he's from Streetfighter, which is just super cool. Since when does Nintendo and Streetfighter lie in the same bed together? Also, Ryu has his haduken ability as his special B-move. And his side-B is a nice spinning tornado kick. In addition, his regular punches and kicks have a lot of strength and gravitas. He really is the Tireless Wanderer. Lastly, I have to add that he has this special punch that can stun people when its fully charged and hits them dead on. Its kind of like Zero Suit Samus' stun gun, but way more powerful stun, and can KO people when they're at high percentage. I like Roy too because he's from Fire Emblem and my brothers were both super into Fire Emblem, but I just don't like how Roy's sword has such a short length, he's the opposite of Marth, but he's more powerful in his attacks, especially his flaming sword move. I just find Roy's sword length to be so short that its hard to hit people without getting super close. He's still a great character though, I just have to play him more. Lucas seems to be pretty cool as well. He looks like Ness but his moves work a little bit differently. I'll have to play him more to really understand how he works, because when I played him today I kind of didn't know what I was doing. Anyways, these three characters add a lot more depth to the game, especially in online play. I was playing 2v2 battles and I came across a team that both played Ryu, and they were just impossible to beat. I fought against a lot of Roy's in online play as well. So everyone already has the characters. Open your wallets and download these characters if you're a Smash player. You won't regret it. I'll definitely be playing more because of these new characters. For a while, I hadn't really been playing. But when I hang out with my friends we always end up playing our 3d's and playing 3 players versus each other. 3 player versus matches are pretty insane, and they are highly skill-based, especially because we don't play with items, all skill. To find out more information about these characters check these links out.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Roy
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Lucas
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ryu



No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...