Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Favorite Characters in Smash 4


     This is a list of my favorite characters in Smash 4. It's kind of a tier list too because the people who I like are top tiers and pretty much the best characters in the game. Let's start this thing off.
      1) Fox. I've been a Fox main since I was a grade school kid playing Super Smash Bros on the Nintendo 64. Ah, the good old days. Not only that but I also was a Fox main when I got older in high school and was playing Melee, arguably one of the greatest Smash games of all time. I think Smash 4 is better than Melee but only because I like the online capability and the new characters. In terms of technicality and actual skill I think Melee can't be beat by either Smash 4 or Brawl. Anyways, Fox is just the greatest character in the world to me. I love how fast he is and how he is able to get in super fast combos on characters. I love how he has a blaster that can really rake up damage too. The only weakness to Fox is that he's a light character and is very easy to combo. In addition, when he uses his up-B to come back to the stage it is very easy to spike him. To be honest I feel like he has more cons than pros but I choose to main him because I feel like he's the best and I believe in him. Me and Fox are one! Haha, but seriously he's been my main in Smash since I was a kid. He's still my favorite. How can a Fox not be cool?
     2) Zero Suit Samus, I sometimes play Zero Suit because I'm a huge Samus and Super Metroid(currently playing my first play-through of it) fan, but also because she has some good utility tools. First of all, I think Zero Suit Samus is the waifu. A waifu is like a video game character that you think is really cute. I really like her orange outfit with the tank top and shorts skin, that one is my favorite. Not only does she look good but she has a stun gun that is really effective, and an electrical whip that can be used as a long range attack. Also, her grab can be used to grapple onto the stage, just like regular Samus does. Her grab combos are insane, as well as her air combos. You don't ever want to get caught in the air by Zero Suit, she will annihilate you with these up air kicks. She's definitely top tier. I rank her like maybe 2nd best character in the game. She's really hard to deal with against people that are super good with her online on For Glory matches.
     3) Sheik, this is another one of those characters that are super top tier. I think Sheik may in fact be the greatest character in the game because of her combos, utility, and recovery. She has these needles that can used as damage and to knock people back from coming back to the stage. Also, she has this super good kick that can be used over and over again on peeps to rake up damage. In addition, she has some kind of weird grenade thing that's pretty cool but I haven't seen too many people use it effectively. ZeRo(pro Sm4sh player that won Evo this year) has really made good use of Sheik's ability and won with her in a lot of tournaments so she is definitely top tier. I also love how she's from Zelda but is a way better character than Link is. I consider Link low tier. Young Link on the underhand is beast if used correctly.
     4) Diddy Kong, I know Diddy got nerfed in the last patch but I don't care, Diddy is still one of the best characters in the game even though he got nerfed. What can I say about this cute little monkey? He has all kinds of back air attacks that will rake up damage whenever you're in the skies or recovering back to the stage. In addition, he has a bandanna peel that he can throw and that you can slip on. I really like his forward smash attack, the one-two double punch, its awesome. I've seen so many crazy Diddy players online on Twitch.tv but I think ZeRo has really mastered Diddy at tournaments. I love this attack where he jumps on the enemy players' face and slaps them while he's on top of them. He's not considered top tier anymore but he used to be. I still think he's somewhat top tier though.
     5) Yoshi, this cute little dinosaur from Super Mario World is a fan favorite. He does crazy things in the air with his tail. Not only that but he has a great spike attack where he slams his big head down against enemy players, making them fall straight to their death when trying to make it back to the stage. I don't play him but I've seen a lot of great Yoshi players online and he's super sick. My friend is a great Yoshi player.
     6) Rosalina and Luma, I can't say too much about Rosalina but I do know for sure that she's top tier. I've always liked her because of how she can attack with both her own regular attacks and Luma, the little star that she uses. I don't even know what game she's from but I've always liked her for some reason because of the double attacking, it seems cheap, but if mastered, she can be a deadly force.
     7) Luigi, this guy has always been the loser to Mario in my opinion but because of Smash he's become a fan favorite and an even better and more popular character than Mario. The only Luigi game I've ever played is Luigi's Mansion, and boy, that game was great! I really like Luigi's green fireballs, his green outfit in general, and how he's just like Mario except leaner and taller. His attacks are way different too but I can't say too much about them except that he's a boss. I love his up-B that can sometimes kill instantly. This guy is a straight-up killer in Smash.
     8) Pikachu, this little guy is one deadly electric rat. He's a fan favorite and he's so cute. I like how people spam his electric jolt ability. He has a cool kind of double teleport as his recovery and a thunderbolt attack as his down-B. He's been in Smash since the very beginning and he's only gotten better since Melee and Brawl. He's definitely top tier.
     9) Shulk, when I first got Smash 4 on the 3ds Shulk was my main character. What's not to like? He has a troll swim suit skin and a big ass sword that has like 5 unique abilities-jump, speed, shield, increased damage, and one more thing I forget about. He even has a super strong counter, his counter is stronger than Marth, Lucina, Ike, and possibly even Roy's. I would say he has a lot of untapped potential but there really aren't any pro Shulk players in the game as far as I know. Pro Smash player ZeRo think's Shulk is possibly one of the greatest characters in the game.
      This concludes the list. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...