Sunday, September 20, 2015

Smash Tourney tommorrow


     Planning on going to a Smash 4 tourney tomorrow at this place called Fire and Dice. There's this super good Fox player named Larry that plays there a lot and I'm hoping to see him in action. He'll probably win the tournament if he shows up, apparently he beats the crap outta everyone when he shows up. This is just a local tournament so I'm not expecting complete Smash 4 gods here, just people who like to play for fun, and are competitive with it. Basically people much like myself, although I'll probably be one of the weaker players as I haven't practiced for a while except for the last couple days because of work and guitar practice. I've been putting in a lot of time into my guitar playing lately. I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't focus so much of my guitar time and energy into learning how to play jazz, maybe I can never master jazz unless I know music theory and go to college (something my guitar teacher told me today). I sort of disagree with him because tons of jazz musicians didn't go to college for music, and I'm sure not all of them knew or understood music theory. I have a friend that first told me about these tournaments and I've been meaning to go for like weeks but I've missed them because I've just been lazy. Now, finally, I have everything ready! I have my bus fare and lunch money ready this time, and I'm going to set my alarm for 11 am, time to get up, brush my teeth, eat breakfast, and hop on the bus. The tournament starts at 1. I probably won't even make it past the first opponent but I'm pretty confident in my abilities as a Fox player. Looking forward to meeting new people and having good games. I'll talk about what its like going to a video game tournament in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...