Friday, December 11, 2015

Smash tourney today at FaD 12/11/15


     Smash tournament at FaD went well today. I played some really good people and actually did pretty well against them in friendlies. I felt like I learned more playing friendlies than when I actually played my tournament matches. In the first match I went up against this Mario and I just think he was way better than me and I think there was no way that I could've outplayed him, even at my best. He used the cape pretty well to get offstage kills and his combo game was sick. I can learn a thing or two from him but I don't think I'm going to be playing too much Mario for a while. I learned today that Zero Suit Samus is my true main character, I do really well with her against people who are better than me, and sometimes I can even win against them! My second opponent was a Game and Watch player who, honestly wasn't all that great. He beat me the first game, but I came back with a strong combo game the second match. In the third match he was being hella cheap and kept just attacking me with the same running dash attack and somehow it worked on Town and City. I couldn't believe it worked and nerves probably to me but I pushed on and it was a pretty close game in the last match. I could tell that he was trying his hardest and was barely holding on. It was intense! I had to shake his hand after those games. But honestly I feel like I did best in the friendlies. I realize what I'm doing wrong when I play friendlies but in the midst of a tournament match I have to think faster and change my game plan on the fly, which is much harder to do. Once I master this I'll do much better at these local tournaments. I'm going to start practicing harder at home and with friends as well because honestly I haven't been playing Smash for a while. I'm mostly doing PC gaming but honestly Smash is better than all the PC games I play, with the exception of Starcraft. My friend came too to the tournament but he didn't compete, he just watched. He left me at the tourney for a while and was even kind enough to come back and pick me up to bring me home. What a guy! He even invited his other friend to the tournament but in the end he didn't play either, just watched. It was still cool to introduce new people to a Smash Bros tournament, even though they felt they'd be wasting their $10 just because they'd lose super easily. I would say that this tournament didn't have a lot of people but its not like there was too few people either. Just the right amount I'd say, for a Thursday night. Another one of my friends, from work, was there and it was cool reconnecting with him again. FaD is a great place and I'm going to check off Thursdays from work just so I can keep coming to the tourneys. It's a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...