Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Update



     Just thought I'd do another update on what's been up in life. As this old man at my store says,"What's up doc?" On this previous Thursday my phone had some kind malfunction where the screen went out of wack so I had to go get a new phone. This is actually pretty bizarre. So my friend called me and I answered the phone and when I did his call triggered some sort of malfunction where the screen went crazy. It was like something straight out of the Matrix. I ended up getting a slightly better phone (non-smart phone) that has a cool keyboard, perfect for texting. But in the process I ended up losing all my contacts. For some reason even when we took out the sim card on my old one it didn't save any of my contacts over because I couldn't see the screen on the old phone to tell the phone to save my contacts to a sim card. On top of that AT&T's customer service rep was trying to make us pay an additional $45 on top of the $16 for the phone because of what they called an 'upgrade fee'. Sounded like bullshit. In the end, ended up calling AT&T and getting the charge removed. Personally this whole phone experience was terrible and I had a horrible weekend because of this. Everything was out of wack and I spent Saturday and Sunday getting the fee removed and then still trying to get my contacts by bringing the phone to a AT&T technical support rep. Needless to say, they couldn't get it to work. So I'm with a new phone but with no contacts. Thankfully I've already picked up some of my closest friends' numbers, its going to be those odd numbers or people that I didn't call all that much that are going to be hard to remember. Such fucking bullshit......but I digress.
      Anyways, I'm sitting here writing while listening to Guthrie Govan's Erotic Cakes. It's a bloody brill album and I really dig the guitar playing on here. This is one of the strongest guitar solo albums I've ever heard, and trust me, I've heard a lot of solo guitar albums. Lately I haven't been practicing guitar and I'm losing more interest every day, mostly because I can't play because when I get home from work because its too late to play, unless I want to play with headphones. Electric guitar with headphones is absolute rubbish if you've ever tried it. Honestly I'm thinking about giving up my dreams of trying to be a musician. I'm just beginning to realize that I'm not good enough, don't work hard enough on music, and haven't been able to hook up with any musicians of any kind-be it metal or jazz. Being a musician was my childhood dream but now that I'm older I realize I'm more interested in gaming, and everything that it entails. I've been gaming since I was a kid too and gaming has taken over all my free time for the last couple years. It has been my escape, my safe haven, and my sanctuary. It sounds a little weird to be saying this but gaming has taken care of me in ways that even my family hasn't been able to. I've become engrossed in esports and the gaming culture. I even bought a power PC just for gaming. Now, I'm thinking that if I could get a job in gaming it would be the best thing in the world. Even just working as a beta tester would be great for me. I'd also be interested in gaming journalism. Because of all the gaming I've been doing I've sort of just forgotten about a lot of music and stopped listening to everything for the most part. Now I'm actually annoyed sometimes when I hear music, unless its in the background. I enjoy the soundtracks in games though. Even this Guthrie Govan stuff gets annoying after a while haha.
     I have a pretty hardcore work schedule coming up this week. I'll have plenty of money this Christmas to spend on family and friends, but as they say in Starcraft II commentary, "But at what cost?!". I'm putting in these weird night shifts at a grocery store when I could be enjoying my life. But without money I can't enjoy life. It's a bit of a conundrum. Go figure. At least there's always gaming. Gaming's still there for me, and it always will be kappa. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...