Wednesday, February 17, 2016

SF V Launch Issues

     Street Fighter V launched yesterday and I thought it was going to be a great experience buying my first Street Fighter game on the day of its launch. But things didn't run as smoothly as I expected.
     First of all, the servers were going in and out constantly. One second you're on and the next you're disconnected. They sort of fixed that problem on day two (2/17) but there are other issues at hand. First of all, I can't create a room and invite my friend to play. When I tried creating a room it just kept giving me the same error over and over. Day one it didn't do this so this is a another newer issue that just came up. The other issue is that when I was searching for a match, it didn't find anyone for me to play. My friend told me that he waited a long time but eventually he got into two matches, eventually having to quit because it disconnected him. The other thing that's bad is that there is no story mode. I know story mode shouldn't be that important for a game but I'm new to the Street Fighter scene and I think having some background information on some of the characters would be interesting.
      They have an outline of that in what is in the game now. They have this thing called story mode which is just four fights with each character, with a basic anime style pictures and some text (although they speak too). This seems ok at first but when you realize you dropped $60 on the game it seems like everything done went bad with this game's launch. I'm not surprised because this happens all the time when a game is first launched. I'm sure that by next week all the issues will be sorted out and the game will run like smooth buttttta.
      In terms of the actual game-play the game is top notch. This is probably the best Street Fighter I've ever played other than Street Fighter II Turbo. I think the combos are much easier for me in this game than they were in IV Ultra. Maybe its my fightstick, a Qanba that is totally bad-ass. It's a pro gamer top quality type of fightstick. I'm still trying to learn most of the characters but I can do Ryu's specials no problem and I've got this one really good combo down with Ken. The other characters will take some work getting used to. I'm going to go into practice mode and learn all the specials for all the characters, hopefully that will give me some sort of foundation to learn on. My friend was going to teach me the basics through showing me and talking to me through the headset but since the lobby system doesn't work we haven't been able to play. It'll be more fun once they fix all the issues. This does tend to happen when games are first launched. Unfortunately it seems its turned into a trend.
Lastly, I got invited to a beta for this game called Gigantic, a free to play shooter MOBA coming to pc and xbox one. I'll give it a try because I'm definitely a fan of MOBA's. I'll let you know if they fix SF V. Until then I'll be labbing in training mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...