Sunday, October 2, 2016

Apparently I Have Twitch Prime


Twitch came out with a new service called Twitch Prime that offers a "premium experience" that's included with Amazon Prime. So apparently I have Twitch Prime. I can't wait to check it out sometime soon, most likely tomorrow. This sounds great because Twitch Prime members get free gaming loot every month, discounts on new boxed games from Amazon, a chat badge, and one free channel subscription every month.

This sounds incredible! I hope it turns out as good as it seems.

“Twitch Prime is one of those unique cases where we have an opportunity to build a product that is equally great for all of our customers—streamers, viewers, and game developers,” Twitch CEO Emmett Shear said. “Offering subscriptions free through Prime saves money for viewers, while supporting streamers to build their community. Free games and in-game content are always a hit with gamers, but they also let developers reach millions of new potential players. When Amazon acquired Twitch, the first thing the community asked was, ‘When will Twitch be bundled in with Amazon Prime?’ Twitch Prime answers that question in a way that speaks to our community.” (PC Gamer)

Twitch Prime is only available in the US and some European countries. The only way to get Twitch Prime is to have an Amazon Prime account which is $10.99/month or $99/year.

"The first round of "game loot" includes instant access to the new Hearthstone hero Tyrande Whisperwind, and Streamline, "a new indie game built from the ground up for broadcasters on Twitch to play with their viewers." TwitchCon attendees will also be given an exclusive "Boss Ymir" skin for Smite, and a Bomb King weapon for Paladins." (PC Gamer) 

This all sounds great and dandy. I fell off the Twitch bandwagon a while ago because I was having more fun just playing games with my friends-mostly Overwatch. I didn't feel like streaming or watching streams because why would I do that when I can just play. I'm still interested in getting back to streaming, it's just a matter of when.

Because I have this service I'm definitely going to start trying to watch more Twitch streams. Who knows I might find a great streamer that I enjoy watching at night. Sometimes it gets boring watching Netflix or Crunchyroll, even though I love anime.

Amazon really has their stuff together right now. They're doing interesting things as a company moving into the gaming market.

Cool beans. Also, the picture is another one of those One Piece Overwatch crossovers. I'm such a big fan of westerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...