Monday, February 3, 2020

When everyone wants a piece of you

Hey, what's up ladies and gentlemen of the internet. Coming back at ya with another blog post. Wow, another one so soon.

Here I'd like to talk about an idea that I got from the Beatles. They were being interviewed and they were upset because as they said, "once you're famous, the whole world thinks they own a piece of you, and that you have to give it to them." Well said, Paul and John. 

This brought me to my own plight. My own dialectic, if you will. I'm not famous, I'm not even particularly good looking, but I am unusual, talented as a musician, and love to read but there's a profound sense that wherever I go there will always be people who want a piece of me. 

What I mean is that there's a need that everybody has, and sometimes they want me to be a part of it in some way, which may or may not be meaningful to me or them. This is a hard concept to pin down and explain. Some of it is self-explanatory.

For example, I work as a cashier at a store. Nonstop all day people want my help. Nonstop all-day sales managers want my help. Sometimes co-directors want my help. Rarely but still sometimes even the store director wants my help. Sometimes when I help people in the checkout line we have short, succinct talks that are actually meaningful. Meaning they've walked away with a better understanding of who I am, and if they see me again, they will have more to say, share, and appreciate. They've taken a piece of me. This also happens to me in public places like the coffee shop.

A lot of this has to do with social skills and interaction in the world outside. Outside of myself. Using the best of your abilities in terms of your social skills you can create a universe for yourself that can benefit you in a multitude of ways. It isn't just a job. It's an ocean of opportunity where you can meet anyone and everyone somehow even. Making connections. Making the universe a better place. Becoming something like a saint. All my reading has prepared me for this. 

I'm just the philosopher in checkout five.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...