Saturday, April 18, 2015

Music I've been listening to lately

    
 Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Ravi Coltrane, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Jack Dejohnette, McCoy Tyner, and these other jazz guitarists Mike Moreno and Julian Lage. I'm really getting into these newer jazz guitarists from New York. Kurt Rosenwinkel is really great and writes great compositions. Check out this tune of his called Zhivago. Also, Mike Moreno and Julian Lage do collaborations where they play as a guitar duo. I've been liking those a lot so far on youtube. I first noticed Mike Moreno in one of trumpeter Nicolas Payton's groups.
     In addition, I've started listening to electronic dance music and dubstep as well. I just turn on pandora and listen to the tunes while I'm surfing the net or streaming video games. This kind of music is more exciting for viewers on twitch.tv who are watching my stream. What I like about it is the beat and the fact that most of it has vocals. So far my favorites are Skrillex, Bassnectar, and Deadmau5. I've been thinking about learning how to use music software and make my own kind of edm music but it might prove difficult to learn the software and to find the time to do it. I find it to be really fun music and I think everyone on twitch.tv has heard the songs in these genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...