Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Update 1.04

     

     Hey, what's up everyone? This is just another short little update on what's been going on in my life lately. For one thing work has gotten to be very stressful, it hasn't been stressful at all until recently but I'll just have to deal with it in my own way-gaming, playing the guitar, and listening to fantastic music. Right now I'm enjoying the new Joe Satriani album called Supernova Shockwave. I gotta say that Satriani really does a great job of creating instrumental guitar anthems. His songs are short, punchy, poppy (but in a good way), melodic, and of course he shreds. On this album it looked like Satch was going more for different moods and styles on every type of song, it's really incredible and I've only heard the first two cuts. Apparently this is a concept album of sorts, but its instrumental-cool stuff Satch! That's his album cover on the top.
     Anyways, I just got reconnected to the Internet after being offline on my desktop for a couple days. It's nice being reconnected and back to PC gaming. PC master race guys, right? It's seriously great to be reconnected. I'll probably try to do a stream tomorrow, testing all my games streaming and checking out the quality of it. Hopefully it will be good quality and I'll be able to stream in my time off from work. I've done streaming before in the past but I think because I was connected wireless and the quality was bad, even for a game like Heroes of the Storm. Games I'm thinking about testing the stream on are Snes emulator games like Super Metroid, Super Mario World, and Chrono Trigger. But I'm also going to check out games like Starcraft II, Heroes of the Storm, Fallout New Vegas, and Bioshock. If this new internet can handle all those at 60 fps I'll be grateful and surprised. It should be able to technically because this internet is AT&T U-Verse, its supposed to be with fiberoptics and shit like that. I know the PC games I play don't exactly test out the latest graphics drivers on most high end PC's but these games I play are the most fun in my opinion. I'm still kind of new to PC gaming so I'm not all about the latest PC games like Witcher III, GTV V, and Batman Arkham Knight. I'm excited about testing the streaming potential today. I would've tested it out yesterday but I had a doctors appointment and didn't have much time left over for the day so I just relaxed, played some Diablo III, and went into work in the evening. Look out for when I tweet my streaming sessions on  twitter-https://twitter.com/fig_land. Also check out my Twitch page at twitch.tv/megaman1597.
     On a side note, the summer is almost over here in California and boy am I glad that is! I am tired of the heat of California's summers. Sometimes it was over 100 degrees! All in all I'm just glad to have a great internet connection back again. I really want to get back into playing Starcraft II competitively. I think I can get ever farther than I've ever been before in the ladder, possibly try to break into Platinum or Diamond maybe if I work at it and stick with it. Starcraft has always been my favorite game but I haven't stuck with it. I actually haven't really played it much for about a year now sadly because I've been getting into other games. The cool thing is that the new expansion for Starcraft, called Legacy of the Void is supposed to be coming out soon, maybe Fall or Winter hopefully. I am very excited for the last installment of Starcraft. I still remember when Wings of Liberty (the first SC2 expansion) first came out in 2010. It was a glorious time to be a PC gamer, and all I had back then was this (brand new, at the time) Lenovo laptop. I also want to get back into World of Warcraft but I know I'd have to make extra time for it and lose time for other things in life. :'( Like maybe I'd have to sleep less or something lol.
     Lastly, as I get farther into this Satriani album I notice that the rhythm section is amazing, especially the drummer, who I believe is Marco Minnemann, drummer for the Aristocrats. The cool thing about this album is that it isn't a 'guitar shred' album, its an instrumental guitar album, if that makes sense. There's less guitar pyrotechnics here and there's more in terms of songwriting and style, especially the style of all the musicians put together. I would say that although Steve Vai has gotten more attention, Satriani is one of the shred guitarists that is easy to love. I mean this guy made Surfing with the Alien, he's a ledge! It's awesome that he's still playing great guitar music. In comparison to Steve Vai's stuff, Joe is a lot more musical. You don't have to be into guitar shred to listen to an album like Supernova Shockwave. That's the mark of a truly great guitar virtuoso. It also doesn't hurt that he can sound like Jimi Hendrix.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...