Thursday, December 10, 2015

Gaming News



     I finally got to play a few games today. I actually woke up early in the day for once! It was a really awesome day, and I even got to hang out with my friend online. We played some Team Fortress 2, arguably one of the greatest fps games ever made, although it doesn't look it by the cartoonish choppy graphics. I had fun and since I'm off tomorrow I made plans to go to the weekly Super Smash Brothers 4 tournament at this place called Fire and Dice (FaD). FaD ain't too far away from my place and its only $10 to enter. I'm planning on bringing one friend but I invited another so it might be the three of us. I'm excited to compete in a tournament, although I can't really say I've been practicing or playing Smash all that much. Since some of my friends just picked up the Wii U, we have played a bit, sometimes gaming super late at night after work. I'm pretty confident in my Mario and Zero Suit Samus skills though. But I'll probably get destroyed by some of those better players. Some of the best players in America are from right here in SoCal, I would say California has the best Smash players and the most competitive scene. I remember living in Wisconsin and I never heard about Smash tournaments anywhere, and there wasn't really cool hobby shops where you could host tournaments. It was lame. California's way better in terms of gaming and entertainment. It's good to be out here! I'm glad to be here although I really wish I could live in New York to be apart of the Jazz scene or at least see all the greats in the Jazz scene. But that's the topic for another post. I probably only mentioned that because I'm listening to some cold Miles Davis cuts. Looking forward to the tourney tomorrow. I hope I can at least beat one person!
     In other news, I've been signing up for a lot of betas. Most of them are new MOBA's that haven't been released yet but one I'm really interested in is The Divison. Lately, I've been getting super into fps games even though I'm terrible at them. I figure if I keep at it I'll get better at them. I have a friend who's a real pro when it comes to fps, he said it takes more than just practice, you just have to be naturally good. I think that's the wrong way to look at it. Also, I think Starwars Battlefront III is a dead game. Dead game confirmed. I was online looking for a game to play with 20v20 people and there was nobody on. Not only that but the price dropped to only $40. If only I waited I could've gotten it for $20 cheaper. Next time I'll have to wait. Battlefront III is such a terrible game though, I don't even consider it fun. I'll give it a few more tries though, because I haven't tested out everything on it yet. Until next time, GG's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...