Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Life Lesson in Cooking



     Today my step mother showed me how to cook eggs. But these aren't just regular ordinary scrambled eggs. These were gooey delicious eggs with a slice of cheese, salt, and pepper. She used three eggs and it was a pretty big amount, even for a big guy like me. The best part is that I now know how to make this myself! Before I knew how to make eggs but only the ordinary kind of scrambled eggs that you get at pretty much every kind of restaurant but these eggs are made in a different style. This is way better than eating at a restaurant. 
     She started by putting a bit of butter into a frying pan and letting it cook a little bit. Then she put three eggs into a bowl and whisked it around but only a little bit, not completely mixing everything all together. Then she emptied it into the frying pan with a slice of swiss cheese. This is the important part. Take your time and let the bottom of egg goo to solidify a tiny bit. Then whisk it around as it solidifies more and more. Don't overcook it. A very simple meal but when I ate it, it was so good! These were the best eggs I've ever had in my life, probably one of the greatest breakfasts I've ever had. I put a little salt and pepper on it and even a little tabasco sauce and it was just terrific. The good news is that I  know the secret. I went to the store to buy bread and I'm going to start cooking eggs and making egg sandwiches for breakfast. As they say,"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...