Sunday, January 31, 2016

A return to Azeroth

     

     So about two days ago I started playing World of Warcraft again. For some people this game is super addicting (not for me) and for others they stay subscribed for like 10 years without really playing it too much. I'm super excited to be playing the game again after a two year hiatus playing other games that aren't MMO's. The main reason I quit WoW was because I felt the most recent expansion was boring. At one point I did try to replace WoW with another MMO called Starwars the Old Republic. Let me tell you right now that Swtor has some really good pvp! The stuns and crowd controls aren't as strong as they are in WoW so the actual lightsaber battles are actually super fun and intense.
     Anyways, I'm not big into stories in MMO's and I don't care for the whole Garrison and building my own base thing. I've always played WoW for pvp combat (player vs player). My first character was a Troll Fury Warrior and once I got him to max level (90 back in Cataclysm) I just pvp'd forever until I exhausted it. Then Mists of Pandaria came out and I wasn't impressed by the pandas at all. I thought of Mists of Pandaria as a let down. I messed around with a healing Panda Monk for a while but I eventually got bored and stopped playing. Then Warlords of Draenor came out and I had a lot of fun with the story at first. I was playing a Worgen Death Knight (my current main character) by then and I felt like I had really found my favorite character. I still like the Warrior class but part of the fun of playing WoW is trying out all the classes and leveling up all your toons (characters). What I'm trying to say is that the game can be fun and at other times it can get boring, and then at even other times it can be a total waste of time that takes up all your time if you let it consume you. We've all heard the countless stories of WoW players that play 12 hour sessions without eating and all the bad publicity the game has gotten over the years. Despite all that WoW is still one of the greatest games ever made and still the best mmo (massive multiplayer online game).
     Its great to be back in the world of Azeroth again. And I couldn't have picked a better time to pick it up again because the next expansion (called Legion) is coming out later this year. This next expansion is going to focus on Illidan's demon hunter people where you'll be able to play as a new demon hunter class. In addition, the level cap will be increased to 110. I can't wait for the new expansion but first I have a lot of work to do on my current toons.
     The main thing I've been working on so far is just having fun pvping in battlegrounds on my Death Knight. I know this won't really get me anywhere because the new expansion will bring new levels and new pvp gear but for the time being I'm having a ton of fun just playing battlegrounds, getting honor, and getting together the new pvp gear sets. It's just something for fun that I'll work on a little bit.
     The other thing I want to work on for sure is to level up my other secondary toons. I've got a level 90 Undead Rogue and 90 Troll Warrior just begging to be leveled up to 100. Getting those two to max level will be great because then I will be able to play with my old buddy from Wisconsin. He's a huge WoW freak but we haven't really been able to play together because my Death Knight is Alliance and he only plays Horde. Initially I started out playing Horde but once I saw that my brother and his guild played Alliance I decided to main a Worgen Death Knight.
     Lastly, I'll probably mess around with my even more secondary toons. I have a level 60-something Blood Elf Paladin, 40-something Night Elf Druid, 40-something Panda Monk, and a bunch of low levels like an Orc Frost Mage and a Toren Shadowpreist. As you can see, at one point I put a lot of time and effort into this game. Hopefully, as I play it more I can regain that fun spirit and atmosphere that it had when I first started playing. Its a great game and I'm glad Blizzard has been keeping it going for over 11 years. Who knows, I might even pre-order the next expansion just to get a free toon to level 100 and to get early access to the demon hunter class. I still plan on playing other games but I will definitely be immersed in this huge open world mmo. That is, until it gets boring again. If you ever want to play arena doubles or arena 3v3's add me my battlenet tag is Megaman with the #1597. Me and my buddies all play on the Emerald Dream server. I'll cya in Azeroth! For the Alliance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...