Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Games I've been playing

     Lately, I've been kind of taking it easy and trying to relax. In other words I haven't been gaming very much and the gaming I have been doing has been light and minimal. I've been feeling super sick since last week. It's some kind of cold virus going around. This is one of the reasons why working in a public place is bad, you get sick from others easily. Also, I haven't been streaming because I feel like I wouldn't be up to the task being super sick and all.
     Today I did manage to get some gaming in though. It was a super fun day. I've been playing Heroes of the Storm and trying out some heroes that I don't normally play. I played Rexxar for the first time and I wreck with him. Rexxar is a monster tamer that has a pet bear that can attack enemies. It's a cool idea for a moba. They've probably already down stuff similar to this in League and Dota. Another hero I was messing around with is Falstad, this guy who rides a griffin. What makes him interesting is that he can fly across the map but it has a cool down. Pretty neat. Heroes is like my bread and butter game. I always come back to it even when I'm bored. I don't think I'm particularly good at the game, I just enjoy it, weather its at the competitive level or just casual. In fact, I don't think I'm good at video games at all. I only play games because its super fun and I enjoy it.
     After Heroes I tried out Xenoblade Chronicles X. I am so intimidated by this game! I literally had to figure out like everything about the game today and it was a bit overwhelming and I got irritated. I played for a good while and only completed a few quests and gained one level. I guess I should be happy that I've at least figured out the game more and have more of a feel for the game. I'm level 13 and I'm still lost and confused in this big open world JRPG. Its one of those games where the combat seems super easy but there's more to it than you think. You have to use your abilities at certain times, not just spam them over and over again. I'll have to learn more and keep playing it to truely understand whats going on. The thing is, I don't think the original Xenoblade game was complicated at all. It was a pretty easy to pick up games and I'd say it was even beginner friendly. Whereas Chronicles X is a lot more in depth. I guess that's a good thing. It means that the developers went out of their way to make the game more interesting. I can't wait to see what the game has to offer in the future.
     The last couple days I've been playing Diablo 3. I had a friend power level me through Season 5 for my Barbarian. It's been fun but the grinding part of Diablo gets old. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is amazing and the game just keeps getting better and better but I still feel like its all just one big grind to get the best loot as fast as you can and to get the most paragon levels as you can. It's like a race between players as they all search for the best gear and get to the highest Torment levels. Apparently now the highest level difficulty is Torment X, which sounds like a cool name for a difficulty setting. All the updates in the game have kept the player base coming back for me. Blizzard is truly amazing. The one thing I don't like about Diablo 3 is how its mainly just a pve (player vs ai) game. I loved Diablo 2 because of the pvp combat, I didn't like leveling up a toon (character) and grinding to get good gear. I just loved fighting people and pking (player kill) them. I see great things for Diablo 3 in the future. This is just the beginning.
     Lastly, I played Smash 4 for a little bit today. I feel like I'm actually getting worse at the game because I haven't been playing. When I do play lately its just been doubles just messing around having fun as certain characters. I'm in the competitive scene in Smash 4 but I don't think I'm very good. I feel like I have to put in a lot more time and effort into practicing to truly become good. I think I can get a lot better by just playing WiFi For Glory. I just gotta find the time and put in the effort. There's so many games and there's only so much time in the day. The most important part of my day is when I'm deciding what to do and for how long. Smash doesn't usually enter my mind until the late afternoon. I better get on that Wii U and start training if I want to git gud! Anyways, that's whats been going on with my gaming activity. What games are you playing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...