Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year


     Just wanted to do a short post to welcome in the New Year. I worked until midnight so I didn't get to countdown the New Year or go partying with my friends. But it was still good. It was a quiet and reserved New Year for me. Lucky me that I'm off today so I'm planning on resting and taking it easy. I ordered some new work pants that I desperately needed and thankfully they came through Amazon Prime tonight. Everything is going well. 2015 was a great year for me. You could even say that it was one of my best years since High School. Moving to California changed my life but it was rough at first. Now I've got a lot of friends, a job that I've been at for 2 and a half years, and a loving family here and back in my home state. Stay positive in 2016. If I've learned anything over these past few years it is to always stay positive. Eventually you get to the point where you're like a Zen master, even though I don't practice Buddhism or Transcendental Meditation. It's just a state of mind really. I guess what I'm trying to say is that life has been good. There's some things on my mind for the New Year that I've been thinking about. Like should I get back into playing music on a consistent basis and stuff. Music was originally my main goal in life but I've kind of pushed it into the corner of my living room (literally) and focused more on gaming, computers, blogging, and media stuff instead. I've realized that I'll probably never make it as a musician without getting proper training. There's no way I can teach myself and become as good as people like Jimi Hendrix or Jeff Beck. Another turning point in me quitting practicing was that my guitar teacher had to stop teaching me due to job obligations. Even a great musician has to work a 9-5. Kind of sad that he has to do that but he has to make a living to survive. I guess the conclusion that I'm getting it is that I have to find other things to do and get into. Like maybe get involved in gaming stuff like writing for a gaming blog or magazine, game tester, and other stuff like that. If push comes to shove maybe I'll take up some kind of computer training at the local community college. I've always been interested in computers and I think I can handle programming at a basic level. My brother has already showed some success in learning computers by passing the first A+ Certification Test so maybe I should take inspiration from him and follow in his footsteps. But these are all just ideas. Sometimes the best action is inaction. It's been a great 2015 and I hope you all have a happy 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...