Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last Day of 2015

     Today is the last day of 2015. It's been a very good successful year for me. I've made a lot of new friends and I've been doing good at my job, working there almost three years now. Everything's been great! The best part is all the new people I've met. I have some plans for the next year, pretty much like everyone else.
     The first thing and pretty much everybody probably feels this way too is that I want to lose weight. I've already started stopping eating fast food on my lunch breaks at work and focusing on eating salads and fruits instead. My next thing that I might be doing to help achieve this goal is to stop drinking soda. I drink a lot of soda so I know that will make a difference. I have a very non-active lifestyle so losing weight is going to be hard but I have to do it. I also want to look better for the ladies. That would help a lot if I ever wanted to ask out a cute girl.
     Next, I want to get better at Smash 4. I'm going to consider doing less PC gaming in order to work on my Smash game. My plan is to get good enough to start beating people at the local tournament I go to. I might even consider going to other tournaments if I get good enough. It depends on how much time I'm willing to put into the game. I was also thinking about posting my replays on YouTube and editing the videos and doing my own commentary. I think that would be a super fun hobby to have.
     In addition, I want to think about maybe going back to college. I'm thinking that the only real way for me to advance in life in terms of work is to go back to school and get a degree of some kind. I don't think I want to get a music degree because I don't think that will do anything for me. I'm thinking about something involving business, marketing, writing, or computers. If I really can't think of anything I think I would make a fine teacher, perhaps an English teacher maybe. I would probably go to a local community college because I definitely can't afford to go back to a major University.
     Also, if I don't go to school I want to start thinking about maybe getting a 2nd job or looking for work in things I'm interested in-mainly a job in the gaming industry. This seems like it would be an impossible task because everybody and their grandma wants to work in the gaming industry but I do think it is possible. "With the power of soul, anything is possible" (Jimi Hendrix). So yeah I really want to get on that maybe get in with doing some writing for a gaming blog or magazine, PR or marketing, or possibly even game tester jobs, that kind of stuff. I've kind of already put off the idea of trying to be a video game creator because I think it involves too much computer programming knowledge, which I don't know too much about. But I am a good writer and I can talk about games really well to people that may not even know anything about games.
     Tonight I'm working until midnight at work which is weird because usually I work until 1 am every night. Here's to a great finale to 2015, and an even better 2016! Enjoy your lives people, and remember to live life to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...