Monday, February 8, 2016

Focus on Smash

     Until further notice, the only game I'll be playing seriously (competitively) is Smash. I'm already decent but I have a lot of work to do. I have to put in my 10,000 hours as they say and chip away at it until I've become great. By great I mean that I want to be able to place top ten (at least) at the local I go to. In addition, I want to start going to more local tournaments and trying my luck there. I think if I just keep playing everyday I will improve and just annihilate people in tournament eventually. My practice routine includes a weekly tournament, online with friends, and for glory. I also practice against cpu's and in training mode too. I'm going to focus on playing Zero Suit Samus of course, but also playing Bayonetta. I'm not sure yet if I want to pick her up as a secondary or if I'm just having fun playing as her all the time recently. It's a tough decision but the point can be made that Zero Suit and Bayonetta are very similar in their move-set and play-style, therefore it makes sense for me to play both of them. Don't get me wrong. I won't be completely quitting other games. I'll still play some PC games (on my laptop after work) like Heroes of the Storm and Diablo III but I definitely won't be as much of a PC gamer as I have been. I'm giving all that up for now. It seems like PC gaming takes too much time and console gaming just seems so much more 'natural', if that makes sense. I guess I've turned into a console guy and a Nintendo fanboy! It's been many a winding and twisting roads to have gone from being a PC gamer into a console gamer again. I believe in the end it will be worth it and better for me because I'm better at Smash than I am at PC games and the smash scene is so much more chill than the PC gaming community. I came to Smash 4 super late in the scene, I just got my Wii U in September 2015 and I didn't start going to tournaments until fairly recently. I'm tired of watching great players play on streams and YouTube. I need to be the one playing on there. Who knows maybe I can become good enough to play with a crew or team, or at least get noticed on a stream sometime when I finally become good enough to go toe to toe with great players. Time to 'git gud'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...