Thursday, February 11, 2016

Smash full time

     Lately I've been playing tons of Smash. I haven't even been going on my computer all that much these days. Even when I'm bored of playing Smash that just means its time to go to work. I've been working a lot of hours lately as well but I've also been getting in tons of great practice. My main practice partner is my friend that I play online with a lot. He's a Yoshi main with some great fundamentals but I can see where his skills differ from mine. He's one of those players who will just throw out a lot of smash attacks randomly, a tactic that doesn't usually work too often. I've learned when to shield and when to punish very effectively against him. Him and my other friend play the same way its actually very interesting how they both play like that because I don't. Anyways, I've been labbing Bayonetta a lot and I love her! She's like my favorite character other than Zero Suit Samus. Although I've been playing Bayo 24/7 tomorrow at the tournament (at FAD) I'll stick with my main-Zss. Last tournament I did pretty well taking a game off a Mario player but I feel like everybody knows Bayo now and knows how to counter her. The only good Bayo I've seen is Nairo's and last night on stream he got bodied by Mr.R's Cloud pretty good. What's it like dedicating all your free time to Smash 4? Well its great. I've already seen improvement and its only been a week of solid practice just focusing on Smash. In time I will only get better.
      Also, when I was at work a friend came by and we talked about Smash for a second. He told me that the game was just broken and that he didn't like it, and that it wasn't a 'real' fighting game.  He did make me question the game a little bit when he said that the game is broken. Sometimes when I'm playing certain match ups against people online I do feel like the game is broken. Today I was playing a skilled Roy while using Bayonetta and I felt that the match up was heavily in Roy's favor for some reason. However, in the hands of a master any character against any match-up is viable. For example, today I was playing against my friend's Link and he had 2 stocks (with very low percent) and I had one stock while I was Greninja. Somehow, I started going hard in the paint (getting super close to Link and not giving him room for projectiles) and I just bodied him. I did a whole bunch of grabs, threw him offstage, and punished every get up on the ledge. And I've never played Greninja in my entire life! It was glorious. When things like that happen I know that the game is all about skill (natural or otherwise) rather than the game being rigged. Just a thought.
     I'm excited for the tournament tomorrow, it's become my favorite thing to do during the week. I usually win at least one game in my sets (but not always) but in the end I always choke. I've even taken a game off Fox16 with my Spamus Samus and he's a pretty good player. Also, I've beaten Jedi with Zero Suit at least once in friendlies. So I do have potential to beat good players, I just have to tap into that 'hidden power' just like Gohan did when he fought Cell. Can't wait till I get good enough to slay these kids like its nothing. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...