Monday, February 22, 2016

New Music III

      Right now I'm listening to this girl play a version of Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) on an ancient Korean instrument. It sounds so good! One of my guitar friends from Facebook shared it. She does justice to the tune and makes it sound original.
      But lately the main music I've been listening to is video game remixes done in a dubstep and trap style. I've gotten super into it. I listen to it when I'm just chilling late at night, relaxing, and working on the blog. The music is simple and is basically just patterns of electronic noise organized into a rhythm. I would like to learn how to use Pro Tools so I could make some sick remixes like some of the stuff I've been hearing. Check out this version of Sonic's Green Hill Zone by DreMcCloud (Green Hill Zone by DreMcCloud) That beat is so infectious. This is what they call in rap music candy beats. You got a simple melody going on and underneath it is a crispy beat. Everything about this just oozes chill. It reminds me of playing Sonic when I was a kid. But nostalgia aside this is a great remix.
     Another one I've really liked is this one (Mario and Luigi Victory remix by Raisi K) This tune is another super chill tune with a some more candy beats. Once you start to hear one of these tunes you tend to kind of hear them all because they all sound similar. They're all electronic stuff made on computers by synthetic instruments. But I've come to really enjoy this stuff. I've still been listening to jazz here and there as well. Today I re-listened to Eric Dolphy's Out to Lunch, something I do quite often.
      Lastly, its always cool to find new music that appeals to you. The music I've listened to has always changed over time. Let me just leave you with this gem I heard the other day. Melee Where you at remix by HuggerMugger What do you think of vgm (video game music). Would you even consider this stuff video game music or is it more dubstep/trap/edm. I consider this stuff video game music but I think it also stands high next to any kind of modern dubstep out there. It's been a blast looking up these tunes on YouTube. The search for good music continues! I've been trying to get back into buying new jazz albums and doing reviews for them but I've just been so side-tracked and haven't gotten to listening to all the latest jazz musos. I will get to it at some point, and then I'll blog about it. Until then, stay classy readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...