Saturday, August 6, 2016

Overwatch's Competitive Season Ends Soon


People have been divisive about the competitive mode in Overwatch. Thankfully, Blizzard has promised change and Season two will be coming soon.

Blizzard announced that Season one will end on August 17 at 5 PM PT. Season two is scheduled to start on September 6, but that could change depending on how long it takes Blizzard to make improvements. This would include alterations to the skill rating system so it doesn't make players feel like baddies. Also, no more sudden death! Sounds great.

If you played Season one you'll get a special spray and player icon-even if all you did was complete your placement matches. If you made top 500 in your region, you'll get an additional player icon and an animated spray.

Now for the golden guns. Which is why we're here. With the Season's end comes competitive point distribution. You can use competitive points to buy golden weapon skins. Competitive points will be distributed based on your skill rating:
  • SR 0-39: 10 CPs
  • SR 40-45: 20 CPs
  • SR 46-49: 40 CPs
  • SR 50-52: 60 CPs
  • SR 53-55: 80 CPs
  • SR 56-59: 120 CPs
  • SR 60-64: 200 CPs
  • SR 65+: 300 CPs
I myself got ranked at 40 in placement matches but currently I'm sitting at a low rank 30. Kind of disheartening but you gotta keep in mind that I've been only playing competitive mode solo. If I had a group of friends that played competitive I'm sure my rank wouldn't have dropped so drastically.

If I play Mercy in pubs on every map and game mode I will most likely win. A Mercy player can carry a team if he's good enough. I've learned that from personal first-hand experience. The thing is that sometimes I don't want to play Mercy. Lately, I've been feeling more Zenyatta because of his buffs. I enjoy sniping people at long distance while throwing healing orbs on my allies simultaneously.

Overwatch is slowly becoming more and more competitive and hopefully it will become as strong a competitive esport as Counter Strike and Call of Duty. The game is loved by the players and Blizzard is doing a great job keeping the game going with updates and new free content. I'll be the Mercy in competitive mode pubs in Season two. Can't wait to have my golden staff and pistol. Heroes never die!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Teamfight Tactics Boost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate the positivity. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...