Sunday, September 4, 2016

Overwatch's Latest Update Brings Season 2 & New Map


Overwatch's latest update came a week earlier than it was originally planned. I tend to think this is because people are tired of waiting for the new Season to start and also because people could possibly be not playing it as much as say Warcraft's Legion expansion and other games. To be honest I haven't been playing as much Overwatch because I don't like playing Quick Match (back then Season 1 was done so no competitive). So instead I was playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm, another wicked title.

Anyways, this update is major. It adds the new German-themed map Eichenwalde as well as Competitive Season 2. Blizzard was originally planning on releasing it on September 6 but here it is in time for Labor Day weekend. Season 2 rids of Sudden Death and changes the skill system-using tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc) to show player skill level.

Eichenwalde is just a straight up German medivel castle map. It seems pretty big but its not its just that way because of all the turns, nooks, and crannies there are.

The most significant balance change was the major nerf to everybody's favorite cyborb ninja Genji. Zenyatta's Orb of Discord no longer does increased 50% damage, instead it does 30%. A big nerf to one of my favorite and main characters. When Season 1 ended I played a ton of Zenyatta and got really good with him. I'm still more confident in my Mercy and Ana though for competitive. But I am still down for competitive Zenyatta and Lucio-love that combo.

They also buffed Mei and Mercy. Mei's ultimate goes farther and pierces through shields. Mercy's single target healing is better. I thought Mercy would become a must pick now because of how good her healing is now but I haven't been seeing too many Mercy's in my Season 2 competitive placement matches. Maybe I'll find some soon.

A lot of the characters got slight tweaks so all the characters feel a bit different. Not different that its difficult to get used to but the feel of the game seems slightly different if you know what I mean. However, its still the same 'ole Overwatch that we know and love. Get out there and earn some competitive points so you can buy some golden skins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...