Thursday, December 1, 2016

Play Titanfall 2 Free This Weekend


EA is hosting a free multiplayer trial of Titanfall 2 this weekend, beginning on November 30th for Origin Access members and December 2nd for everybody else. From then on until December 4th all maps, modes, and weapons will available to everyone. This includes the Angel City's Most Wanted DLC that comes out December 3rd.

The fact that EA is doing this shows that despite the nearly cut in half sale price that went on until Cyber Monday that the game is not selling well. It came out at a bad time. Season 3 in Overwatch just started and everybody is still playing tons of Battlefield 1. Although I do think Titanfall 2 is a better game than Battlefield 1 I think Battlefield 1 has a cooler atmosphere being World War 1 and all. However, I will probably get both games at some point. I'm obligated to as a pc gamer. :D

If you choose to play the trial version and pick up the game your saved profile will carry onto your Origin account when you buy the game. The fact that a triple A title game like this has to rely on a free trial to get more people to buy it shows that big company games can sometimes get out shined (mishun compree!) by cheaper indie game companies. I can tell you right now that I've been watching my brother play Titanfall 2 on Xbox 1 and the game is terrific. In fact, I think its so good that I'm surprised they're doing a free trial for the weekend to get more people to buy.

I'm definitely going to try this out this weekend. Playing it on pc might be more fun than on console because I prefer shooting in fps's (first person shooters) using a mouse and keyboard. I was born and molded by the keyboard as a wee little middle schooler playing Diablo 2 and Starcraft Brood War. Good times. 

Play it this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...