Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Recording


So I ended up investing in some recording equipment. I've been working on recording every night and I'm even working with a producer from Poland on what I'd describe as emo europop music. I bought a Scarlett Solo interface and I run that through from my Marshall to my laptop. It's a lot of wires but I'm actually recording pretty good quality stuff. So far I've just been laying down guitar parts for these emo europop music with this producer that found me online. I see working with him as my first step into recording.

Eventually I'll start working on my own stuff and have a Soundcloud page and stuff like that for people to check out my guitar playing and later down the line complete songs with guitar, vocals, bass, and drums. I can already record guitar and bass its just the drums I'd have to create. This is my second goal that I want to achieve pretty fast. 

It feels great to be working on music and recording every night. It has become in a sense a job because I have to learn the music softwares and figure everything out but once I get all the technicalities out of the way I should be able to create some great music.

My plan is to create basic demos of sketches of song ideas and then refine them into songs through the recording process. It's going to be a lot of work every night. I prefer recording at night after work because everything's quiet. Everything doesn't have to be so loud so it works out perfectly. I have the Marshall and laptop setup in my living room. So in a sense my living room and my laptop is my studio, how about that! Haha, I'll keep you all updated on when I have stuff posted online to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...