Sunday, September 17, 2017

September Update


Hey so its been a while since I've posted and I figured I should do a September update. Everything has been going really well. I'm talking to more girls and I actually have a date next week. I'm feeling more confident, going to the open jam every week, jamming with more musicians, hanging out with friends, working, gaming, and just enjoying life. I think I've actually got a good drummer for a band right now. He has a guitarist that drives and I'm hopefully going to meet up with them at a small studio at some point soon. So many good things going on!

Work has kind of simmered down since the initial hardcore 40 hour weeks. This week and last week I only got 23 hours which is a good thing right now. It will give me more free time to relax, game, and most importantly practice guitar and music. I just ordered my 7-string Jackson guitar last week Thursday so it will be in time for my birthday on the 25th. I'm extremely excited for the 7-string! I'm already imagining different ways I'll play it from typical metal players. I want to learn jazz chord voicings using the extra string and stuff. It's gonna be neat. 

The jam at Peties has been going good. Last week there was hardly anyone in the audience but the actual guitar players that showed up were bloody amazing. This one guy did a great Jimi Hendrix Little Wing cover as well as Voodoo Chile (Slight Return). It was off the hook. I've never really seen a guitarist as good as that guy was ever there before. Also, I have more friends that are willing to meet me at the open jam now. This skater friend showed up and brought a friend and then also this drummer showed up. The drummers' name is Martin and we're hopefully going to be starting a band together. His bag is metal particularly death metal and black metal but I'm hoping he can expand his chops even more and get more technical than stereotypical death metal chugging.

So yeah everything's going great. My birthday is coming up so that's exciting. I plan on going out to eat with friends or family whoever is available first really. I've already got what I wanted which is the 7-string Jackson (seen in picture) so I'm not really expecting anything too wild from my friends, but maybe I'll get a cool band shirt or something. My dad was talking about maybe going out to Chicago for the last 5 days of October. That would be great because I can study music a bit with my dad's composer friend Frank. He's been teaching and talking to me a lot though email but if I was to actually hang out with him it would be a lot cooler. Hopefully that goes through and we end up going because I haven't been back in the Midwest since 2013. That's a long time to not see your mother and childhood friends.

That's a wrap for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...