Monday, December 4, 2017

Christmas Gift Ideas


Here I'd like to outline some ideas I have for friends.

Friend 1: Nintendo eshop card, something related to cars, fancy coffee and/or chocolate/sweets, guitar related equipment like my pick that lights up when you strum with it (comes with rechargeable usb), heavy metal CD, heavy metal shirt, Nintendo 64 anthology of games book (already own), Gamecube (already own)

Friend 2: comedy/tv show shirt, indie band shirt, indie CD, TV show DVD, movie DVD

Friend 3: PS4 game, Overwatch memorabilia (shirt, stickers, etc), Fix his Bass Guitar, Bass Guitar amp (smallest and cheapest one available, used)

Friend 4: Xbox one game, Xbox one controller, beer (chocolate beer possibly), Mountain Dew beer, gaming shirt (related to Call of Duty)

Friend 5: Nintendo eshop card, Nintendo shirt/memorabilia, gaming art book, historical art work book, art work supplies

Friend 6: Steam game, Magic The Gathering cards, Smashup Board game (already own)

Friend 7: Magic The Gathering cards (at Fire and Dice when we're together so he can choose a rare) 

Dad: book (of his choosing), Coffee bean card, California Pizza Kitchen card

Brother 1: PC game, gaming art work book, food gift card, gas card

Brother 2: African/Caribbean studies book (Naipul, Cornel West, etc), straight ahead jazz CD, book on Jazz

Mom: money ($20-$30 at most), book on Zen (already own), Holiday card, call, keep in touch through email more often

Myself: All I asked my bro and dad for was the AACM book, The AACM: A Power Stronger Than Itself. It's a 700 page scholarly book on the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians, an experimental black music collective from the 1960's that spawned The Art Ensemble of Chicago, one of my favorite bands. 

If I play my cards right I shouldn't have to spend too much money. Some gifts are things I already own that I haven't used and can be re-gifted for better purposes. I'll probably start buying things as early as next paycheck so I don't have to buy everything all at once. As you can see I have a lot of people to attend to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...