Thursday, January 10, 2019

January Update--2019

January is here and the new year is already stale. The government is shut down, and 800,000 people are about to miss their first check. If the shutdown goes on past Saturday, it will the longest government shutdown ever. That aside, I've been staying busy. 

I started working out more, mostly cardio. Starting 3-4 times a week, but eventually pushing it to everyday, a mile a day. 

I got a Nintendo Switch, so I'll probably try to get back to going to Smash tournaments, just for fun. 

I've been writing up a storm. I wrote my second short story called  der Weltraumkriegder, a science fiction military story (here). And I'm still reading a lot of science fiction, philosophy (Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations), classics (Iliad), and modern day journalism (miscellaneous).

I'm also learning html, css, and javascript, mostly for fun but also to edit the blog and make it pop, and eventually learn a programming language like Visual Basic. I want to see if I like programming before I try to think I could be a full fledged game designer or something outlandish like that. 

Also still working on music, a lot of jazz and improvisation. But I've also been working on Sequenza for guitar by Lusciano Berio since October. I'm starting to finally get the hang of the piece, but it will still be a while before I could perform it anywhere. 

Life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...