Thursday, March 12, 2020

Fun Day During the Plague of 2020

Hello, ladies and gents. I wanted to write another post during what I will now call the Plague of 2020, aka coronavirus outbreak. To think our government knew this was coming for two months yet only 2,000 people have actually been tested for it in the United States. What the heck man! That's truly fucked right there. How is it even humanely possible to be that fucking stupid as the President of the United States? Now it's too late in a sense because 1) there aren't enough tests to test everyone 2) there's no way to tell if you actually have it, and or differentiating it from regular flu 3) it's already too late because the numbers are getting worse by the day. Thanks a lot, Trump. But this post isn't about Trump. But we can all agree that he's human scum for lying about there being enough tests when there aren't any nor nearly enough. The incompetence is through the roof here folks. 

Okay, okay. I'll settle down now. I just had to get the "partisan" outta me. Lol.

Now we have new social buzzwords like social distancing, aka "get the fuck away from me." In a way, I'm totally excited about these new exciting times. It's like living during the Plague. This virus is going to be so bad that it's going to completely change America and the world, turning them and it, into a better place. How? Through suffering and perseverance, things will go through the natural state of nature, a metamorphosis that will result in a better world, where people will care more. That's usually how these things work. Just ask the Chinese. They know all about it. 

Americans haven't really suffered like other cultures have suffered. This little taste of suffering will improve our character as a people. 

Anyways, considering the fact that perhaps soon there will come a time when there will be regional shutdowns, I went to my favorite Chinese restaurant. I had a wonderful meal and a good time with my dad. 

I got one of my favorite meals of all time. Barbequed pork with fried tofu and vegetables over rice. The only problem with this terrific dish is that they actually give you too much rice in proportion to the other stuff. The barbeque pork is real barbeque pork. None of that fake Panda Express stuff. Good texture and flavor. The fried tofu was hot and delicious. The rice soaked in the sauce was tasty.

My father ordered one of our favorite dishes. Barbequed pork wonton noodle soup. It's one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. A working man's meal. He enjoyed it. 

The restaurant didn't have too many people because of the virus scare. At one point everyone left except the workers and my dad and I had the entire restaurant to ourselves. At some point, more customers came in. All Chinese. No Americans. That's just the way it goes. 

I spent most of the day before and after reading Lee Child's The Midnight Line.

Fun day during the plague of 2020. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...