Monday, September 28, 2020

The Chairman's Method: Re-Education Through Labor


Hello, ladies and gentlemen of the internet. My grand extravaganza of a birthday weekend just passed. Here are a few thoughts on that said birthday, and what it feels like to be 31 in 2020. 

Life is moving pretty fast these days it seems. Yes, the pandemic has brought everything to the penultimate halt but people are still out here trying to make their dreams become reality. Today, my manager and co-worker sort of grilled me about how I need to get a real career going. I've been at the company for some seven years in retail there at the market. Things have gone okay but not great there. And now with the pandemic in full effect [and it will get much worse mind you], hours have been scarce, including for me. 

So they mentioned that I should go to trade school. And that a four year degree is worthless. Well, I agreed with that part at least about the four year degree. The way I see life and work is that I chose the road less traveled, the much harder road, the road where you'll feel your work through your blood, sweat, and tears, [like the rock band] more so than through your paycheck. 

What I mean is that I chose re-education through labor rather than the traditional college route. To be honest I have no regrets but eventually my body will feel it a lot more [this is why I must lose weight and become as healthy as possible because my 40s will be much harder] in the next decade. I've never been a follower, so consequently I've never had a leader, meaning that I've pretty much gone my own way my entire life. A real lone wolf in that sense. Scary and intense as fuck! Lol.   

Sure, I've had some guidance here and there but if I'm forced into something, that's usually a sure sign of it not working out. That's why I've gone the Chairman's Method, Re-Education Through Labor. 

Instead of going to college and getting a degree and spending a fortune to educate myself, I've instead chosen to work as much as I physically can, get as much money as I can, and spend all my time off work educating myself by reading the Western Canon, history, philosophy, [and science fiction]. I've created an online persona [this blog] where I can write about, well anything and everything I've read, learned, or experienced. Another big part of that re-education is all the music I play, primarily teaching myself how to play jazz guitar through live experience with a talented saxophonist. It ain't much but its honest work. 

I feel very good about what I've done so far and I'm very optimistic about the future. I think I'll eventually figure out a more profitable job or career, but even if I don't, I won't feel like a loser because I didn't become a master of the universe [Elon or Zuckerberg]. I won't become a bitter man because I didn't become rich. I won't look at people any less. I won't become more solitary and turn away from society like some depressed slightly older millennial who thinks they deserve much more than they have received without putting in the effort in order to achieve this godlike status. I know what all those people are like. They're miserable. But I'm not. I'm actually happy. 

The biggest lie in society is that you must have, have, have, in order to be happy. Yes, you would be happier if you kept having more and more and more but the more you become attached to these things, the less meaning they contain, and until you see that, you can only truly live in a material world, free from the spiritual self, which is where the real magic happens. Until you learn to live [and let die], you can never detach yourself from the material world. The material world tells me I need a degree, that I need a trade school, that I need to do this, need to do that. But my spirit tells me all I need to know. This is where the Chairman's Method has lead me so far. If you see me on the road, don't kill me. 

With Tales of Brave Ulysses, how his naked ears were tortured, by the Sirens sweetly singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...