Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Update 1.03


     Things have been great lately. I've really been enjoying the summer and having fun in the sun. Lately me and my entourage of friends have been going out to the beach to swim and enjoy the weather under the sun. The great thing is the fact that I've actually met a group of friends that I consistently hang out with now. It took me about two years to find friends out here in California. For a while I missed all my old friends back home in Wisconsin. I had made a few friends out here, here and there but they turned out to be very squirrely and sometimes downright impossible to deal with. This includes some bands that I played in very briefly too. I was even in an all Asian band for a while! I met most of these bands and musicians through Craigslist. The internet is a bit iffy and you never truly know what kind of people you are going to met online. Anyways, so things have been fun and I've enjoyed the summer so far hanging out with my buds.
     In addition, I've been hanging out with my older brother a lot, playing Diablo III: Reaper of Souls on PC. The picture above is a cosplay of a Crusader character from Diablo III. I just got into the game again because I played it on console with my friends a while back and I suddenly saw it as an amazing game again after maybe a year after it came out. They've added so much to the game now that its really worth coming back and replaying characters again. They've added an adventure mode where the game feels more like an open world game. And then there are Nepelom Rifts, these levels upon levels of monsters and demons where you kill them all and you get chances for epic loot called legendary items and what not. The experience is definitely a 10 out of 10. 10/10 would buy the game again! Blizzard is adding more content to the game all the time now. Its really become quite a great game now that they've polished it and added more content to it. I'm a Blizzard fan boy. I literally own every game they've made on the PC. I think they're all great but I really like Starcraft II, Diablo III, Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Pretty much all their triple A titles. Also, they're working on a first person shooter game called Overwatch. I really wish I can get in the beta for that game when the beta is out! Also, Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void, the last chapter of the Starcraft II trilogy is coming out this winter, hopefully by Christmas time. I'm actually in the beta for that right now but I haven't played any of it yet because its only multiplayer and I'm afraid I'll just get rekt because I don't know any of the new units and how they work yet. I'll figure it out eventually.
     Also, I've been playing more guitar. A little bit here and there, even at friends' houses playing their guitars. I've also been watching a lot of Dragon Ball GT. I've actually almost finished watching the whole series now. I've only got about 20 more episodes. Luckily for me I've been able to watch the whole series on Youtube rather than going through anime websites. Makes it easy for viewing. The best part of GT is when this robot mutant named Baby takes on Goku, and when Hell Android 17 fuses with Good Android 17 to become Super Android 17!
     I've been reading Herbie Hancock's biography Possibilities. I gotta say that the guy is an amazing composer and pianist, and his memories of playing with the Second Great Quintet (Miles Davis on trumpet, Herbie on keys, Tony Williams on drums, Ron Carter on bass, and Wayne Shorter on tenor sax) were just amazing! It was the best part of the book, although I'm still not finished with it yet. Other interesting parts was the band Herbie formed after the Miles Davis Quintet broke up. He formed a band with an African name called Mwandishi and they played this real far out free-jazz type stuff. I've listened to some of their stuff online and those cats could play! I'm more into that kind of stuff rather than Herbie's Headhunters period when he started doing funk. But most of the young people my age would rather prefer his funk stuff. It's more accessible and has a beat that you can tap your foot to. In addition it was cool reading about Herbie's Buddhist faith. I like the idea of chanting and meditation but I don't think I'd ever have that inspiration to ever go to a temple and learn and ask questions about it.
     As a customer at my work likes to say all the time,"Life is good". Before the summer is over I want to go out to more concerts at the Baked Potato if anybody interesting is coming to the valley. Also, a while back I was learning more about computers and learning simple things like html and css. Maybe I could actually learn a real program like javascript or c++ or something. I think I have the aptitude for that kind of stuff. My friends were talking about working on programming, learning programming, maybe trying to make ourselves a simple game, or even better yet, an app or something. It would be cool to learn how to do something like that although I'd have to start from the bottom and learn a lot. At least with the guitar I'm already pretty high up the scale. Its been a while since I blogged. Sometimes I forget I have a blog when I don't write for long periods of time. I hope I can get more viewers and keep an audience, engaging them with entertaining posts. Figueroa out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...