Friday, September 25, 2015

Birthday and Wii U


     Today is my birthday. I am 26, I was born on September 25th 1989. I had a pretty good day today and am looking forward to my three day weekend.
     In addition, today I finally bought my Wii U. I was trying to buy one used at Gamestop and try to get a deal but the closest Gamestop we went to was shooting a commercial.....so they weren't open to the public. So my brother and I went to next closest Gamestop to us, which was this one at the Northridge mall. It was all good but they didn't have a used Wii U there or the used Wii U bundle that Gamestop is advertising online. It was annoying but I decided if I was going to get it today that I would have to cough up the extra, like 40 bucks to just get it brand new. So I ended up getting the brand new bundle. The guy behind the counter, a young Hispanic guy that seemed really effeminate, asked me if I wanted to get the Super Mario 3D Land bundle or the Mario Kart 8 bundle. I'm not much of a Mario player but I felt like Mario Kart 8 is probably the more fun game that I could enjoy more with my friends, so I ended up going with that one. It set me back quite a bit, it was about $330, pretty pricey but still cheaper than the Xbox1 and the PS4 bundles by almost a 100 bucks. I ended up not having enough cash to get Smash as well but my brother decided to just buy me Smash! He's the greatest older brother in the world, haha. He got it brand new unfortunately because they didn't have it used. I was super excited but the car ride home was a long one as I waited in anticipation for what lies before me.
     When we got home I opened everything up and we figured out what plugs into what within seconds and pretty soon we had the console turned on and configuring. This was the most annoying part, the nonstop updates for everything! They took about 2 to 3 hours, I kind of lost track of time because I took a nap while it was updating. At some point my brother woke me up to say that it was done. But then when I popped in Super Smash Brothers 4 it had to update again to play online. It was terrible! But once I got that out of the way I started playing and enjoying the console.
     Once I started playing Smash on my very own Wii U I realized that this is how I'm going to get better at the game, especially with my Smash Gamecube controller. Today I was played on the Wii U Gamepad but I think its rubbish, I only used it because my Gamecube Adapter for the Wii U didn't come through Amazon yet. I could've played on my 3DS, I'll probably try it out later today when I wake up. My friends are going to come over today and they're going to play using their 3DS's so they'll see what its like using a 3DS for Smash on the Wii U. I did it once for my first tournament and I wouldn't recommend it just because the 3DS directional movement sticks are kind of wonky. Anyways, Smash was amazing. I still have to unlock a ton of the characters and I'm missing key stages like Smashville. I played a bit of team battles and found it way too laggy to play at all. After that I tried 1v1 games and it seemed fine, although there was some slight lag, very slight. It's great to have Smash on a console with great graphics, I was all like,"Sick graphics bro!" when I saw what it looked like on our big TV.
     After that I took a break. Then I played Mario Kart 8. A super fun game, I would say its the most fun racing game I've ever played. I really don't like racing games because I'm terrible at turning at high speeds and breaking but this game is just a great racing game, way better than Gran Torismo or Forza. I can tell this game is going to be fun to play with my friends.
     Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and I can see myself spending a lot of time playing Smash and Mario Kart. I won't stop working on my guitar playing though, and it will be hard organizing my time and devoting equal amounts of time to music and gaming. I would consider myself a console gamer now as well as a pc gamer. I do it all. Before, I really hardly ever played my Xbox360 or PS3, but I will definitely be playing this next-gen console. On top of all this my little brother sent me my copy of Super Smash Brothers Melee, something we can play on my friends' Gamecube. My birthday weekend will be fun playing games and guitar. Also, we'll probably have a family dinner at a fancy restaurant. I'm looking forward to all of that. After I play more and learn more about the Wii U, I'll probably do some kind of console review and game reviews. Have a good weekend. I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...