Sunday, September 27, 2015

Exceptional Birthday Weekend, Arcade, and Starcraft II.

     




     This has been a great weekend. I got the Wii U, Smash 4, and Mario Kart 8, and got to celebrate my birthday hanging out with my friends on Friday and Saturday. It was really fun. One of my friends got me a Zero Suit Samus controller for Smash, and another one got me $20 in Nintendo e-shop money cards. I'm deciding if I'm going to save it, use it to buy some old school Nintendo games on the e-shop or just use it to buy the Smash 4 dlc characters. I kind of don't want to rebuy the Smash dlc because I already bought it on my 3DS, it seems dumb to buy them again on the Wii U. Nintendo needs to sync the 3DS with the Wii U, that's really my only complaint about Nintendo's current gaming products. But on the other hand, I really like having my Smash roster with the all characters full. Anyways, on Friday my friends kicked it at my place to play Smash 4. It was a great experience playing with them on the Wii U for the first time. I gotta say that the Gamecube controller on the Wii U is much better to play with than the 3DS input buttons. One of my friends kept getting second place all the time and he was getting super salty (mad). We were all like,"We should sprinkle some salt on that wound". It was pretty funny.
      Saturday we went to a free arcade in Chatsworth. This place is the bomb! They have all these old school arcade games for free with no catch. The way this place stays open is that its only open on Saturdays from 11 am to 4 pm, and its a place where people buy arcades for cheap (like $600) and rent arcades. There was a lot of people there playing games and a friend of mine saw one of his old high school friends there and we ended up playing a lot of this game called X-Men vs Streetfighter, which is basically like Marvel vs Capcom. I was surprisingly pretty good at this game. Its one of those ultra fast combo fighting games where you kind of have to know what your doing in order to win. Learning how to do the ultimate moves and basic combos was pretty easy. I did pretty well using Chun-Li and Ryu. We kind of ended the time at the arcade by playing it vs each other one by one, it was super fun. Me and a friend also played Streetfighter II but I wasn't as good in that game. It seems old school Streetfighter is a little bit more difficult to play than the new ones, like Streetfighter IV Ultra that I have for the Xbox360. I tried playing a few other games but I'm terrible at those old school type shoot and move arcade games. There was so many games but it was in a small warehouse with no air conditioning, another reason why the place is free I guess. The most fun game there was definitely X-men vs Streetfighter.
     After that we went to my friends place and we ended up playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl 4 players in a free for all format. Somehow I ended up winning tons of games playing the character Snake, from the Metal Gear Solid series. He's so good in Brawl that I'm hoping that they put him in Smash 4 as dlc along with a great Metal Gear map, like the one from Brawl. Again, one of my friends kept getting 2nd place in all our games and boy was he salty! At one point he even threw his controller against the desk, haha. The thing is that he doesn't know Smash fundamentals at all but somehow he's good at free for all because he does the same basic cheap moves over and over again. It's actually really funny how cheap he is, especially with Dark Pit, who's really cheap in Brawl. It was interesting playing Brawl competitively instead of Smash 4. They are completely different games with different play styles but I kind of like Brawl more because it has Snake. I randomly picked Snake just to try him out and I guess I was just good with him right from the start. I especially like his punches, jabs, and air kicks he does while in the air. Nice moves! It was good 'ole clean fun.
     Later, when I got home, I played Heroes of the Storm for a bit, mostly messing around doing the quests for the gold. At some point I want to unlock some of the newer heroes that I've sort of missed because I thought they were sorta lame, but now that I've tried some of them I want to unlock them. After I played Heroes I started playing Starcraft II again for the first time in months. A while back I tried to play but I think because I was playing teams it sort of drew me away. Mostly because I hate teams and don't know how to play teams very well. All I really like in Starcraft II is 1v1 because of how challenging, engaging, and fun it is. You literally never know whats going to happen in any given game. I got promoted from bronze to silver in like one game, that was pretty cool. The guy that I beat in that game wanted to practice with me to get better and after a few games he was finally able to defeat me, using tons of colosi and stalkers, along with phenixes, a weird composition for a protoss army if you ask me. Basically I'm learning how to macro again, fast expand, and build an army composition. Most of the games in these low level leagues are pretty slow and you're just learning the game so nothing too crazy ever happens. I'm going to work at getting better at Starcraft to get ready for the next expansion, which is coming out in November. I have it on pre-order at gamestop. It's a super fun game and very relaxing after a long day like today. At the same time there's some pressure to try to win every game.
     Lastly, I've been playing the Wii U as well. When I got up I was playing Mario Kart 8 a lot, and I practiced Smash the night before using the Gamepad with modified controls. The Gamepad ain't bad to play on. As if all this wasn't great enough tomorrow in the afternoon the family and I are going to Dimsun (Chinese lunch) at our favorite Chinese Restaurant A&W's. I'm really looking forward to it. It was an amazing birthday and weekend. As Shulk says,"I'm really feeling it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...