Monday, November 2, 2015

Update 1.11


     Life has been good. I've been working a lot of hours and making that bread. I've been saving a lot and getting some cool things as well. Like I recently bought a new wallet, a white stretchy belt, a white musicians hat (I like the color white), and a Nintendo Gamecube is on the way. I'm excited about getting the Gamecube because my little brother sent me our copy of Smash Bros Melee not too long ago, and I would like to play it for fun as well as to practice technical skill like wavedashing and stuff, which I need to practice for Project M, a Super Smash Bros Brawl mod that I play with my friends quite often. I have a small old crt tv that I can play it on when I'm chilling in the backyard. Its going to be perfect for those lazy days just sitting around in the backyard. It will be made better with friends! Melee is worth around $200 brand new and you can sell it for about $50 used so its a pretty rare game to have the actual CD. Most people just illegally download the game on their PC's and just call it a day. But why pirate when you can actually play the game on the system it was meant for. I believe there's probably input lag if you play emulated games on your PC using a controller through usb connections. Just my opinion, I don't know if its true. Anyways, so work has been kicking my ass lately but in the end its worth it to have the money to save for the uncertain future that I have. My job has really sustained me lately and I'm grateful to have the job I have. I've been in the service industry (retail) all my career, sometimes its great and other times its not pretty, but in the end we all must serve someone.
     Anyways, I've also been watching a lot of anime and amazonprime tv shows. I'm super into Hunter x Hunter, and I've been enjoying JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. Also, I've been watching this show based on this book about the Manhattan school of Music (where my step-mother went to college). The book is called Sex, Drugs, and Classical Music and the show is about classical musicians in the New York Symphony and all the shenanigans they get into. Its labeled as a comedy but I consider it more of a drama type of show because of the lack of funny jokes(at least to me it ain't funny). I really enjoy it because it focuses on many characters but the focus point is this 26 year old girl who's like the Hendrix of oboe, but instead of playing in the Symphony Orchestra, she's just the Conductor's assistant doing like everything from scoring music to making strange teas. She kind of reminds me of myself in a way because I'm a great guitar player but I haven't done anything or made it anywhere with my music, despite putting in a lot of time and effort on the instrument. I highly recommend all three of these shows. They're hype. It's fun staying up late into the wee hours sitting at the edge of bed, wondering whats going to happen next. But doing this is just being a consumer, and I want to be a creator! Which leads me to my next point.
     I've been keeping up with my guitar lessons but sometimes guitar practice escapes my grasp. Right now its because I'm trying to study the driving handbook so I can take the written test and learn how to drive. I'm pretty old and I still can't drive. And I live in California. You have to drive here otherwise your life is very contained to where you live and where you work. Part of the reason why I have money is that I don't own a car. The plan is that a friend is going to take me and another friend to the DMV on the 10th and take the written test then. Hopefully it all works out and I pass the first time.
     Now that its November, my favorite Holiday is coming up, Thanksgiving! Time for that Chinese Restaurant turkey! Not only that but Black Friday is at the end of the month. I'm going to try to get some of my buddies to go out to some stores and see whats up. Places like Fry's, Best Buy, and Gamestop seem like logical options. Not only that but Starcraft II Legacy of the Void is coming out in a few days. I've been looking forward to that for months. Happy Halloween! Hope everyone had a good Halloween. Apparently my step-dad said we only had like 5 trick or treaters this year, but it included some hot 20-something babes. I ended up working late into the night on Halloween but thankfully I closed the store with a friend so it wasn't so bad. The Holidays are coming. I'm prepared for turkey, Black Friday, new video games coming out, guitar sales, Christmas, and New Years. I'm thinking about trying to get a 7-string guitar during the Holidays. I'm interested in the range for jazz chord voicings and metal stuff. That gothic Starfox picture is pretty sick. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...