Monday, November 16, 2015

Update 1.12


     Hey, whats up readers, fans, family, and just general internet peeps? I haven't written in a long time. I guess its fitting because there's been just so much going on that its a bit overwhelming on where to start and what to write about. For one thing I've been working a lot, hanging out with friends, playing a lot of games, and watching a ton of anime. I just finished Hunter x Hunter, the longest anime that I've ever watched. It has a staggering 148 episodes. I'm not going to be watching any super long anime anytime soon. I'm going to go back to the regular 24 episode stuff for a while. My regular group of friends has been super cool lately and we've been enjoying each others company, playing a lot of Project M and Smash Bros Melee. We all kind of quit playing Smash 4 because we realized the game is kinda lame in comparison to Melee and PM. I still like it but I haven't played it in like a month or two now. In addition, I've been reading books. I just got Yngwie Malmsteen's biography Relentless. Malmsteen is this neoclassical rock guitarist from the 80s that inspires me a lot, although I don't really play too much like him. But I've tried. Also, I got this comic book Saga from the library as well and Neal Stephenson' book Seveneves, a cool science fiction novel. Saga is a cyperpunk opera in a world of magic and space. I'm off the next two days so I'll spend a lot of time reading all this stuff. In addition to that, there's the book Sex, Drugs, and Classical Music, this is the book that inspired the tv show Mozart in the Jungle, a great show that I've been watching on Amazon Prime. The book is a little dry in comparison to the book but it might prove to be good if I read farther in. 
     Anyways, I'm pretty good at Project M and Melee. I would say I'm way better at PM and Melee than I am at Smash 4. Also, I've met some real life friends at the store I work at. We've been gaming online together and chatting with our headsets. Its been fun and its great to game with people you know. Lately, we've been playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm and Starcraft. Tomorrow Starwars Battlefront 3 comes out so I'm looking forward to that but I probably won't buy it right away because I just bought Starcraft II Legacy of the Void, the special edition that comes with a big ole' fancy box and extra cool stuff. Until I beat that game and enjoy it to the fullest I probably won't be buying anymore games. But the plan is to eventually get Battlefront 3, Black Ops 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain. I'll probably get all these next year as the year goes later on. I don't expect to get them all anytime soon or anything. Also, there's Fallout 4! Games for the win. Starcraft has been amazing so far. I plan on finishing the game sometime this week if we get the time to play. 
     I've been listening to Michael Romeo, the guitarist from Symphony X. Symphony X is one of my favorite metal bands. They don't rely on satanic imagery or lyrics, just straight up beast metal riffs and fascinating solos full of neoclassical melodic-ism and technique. I just got their latest album, Underworld, it's nowhere near as great as the stuff they were doing in the late 90's or early 2000's but the songs are good and the guitar playing is top notch. Romeo is one of the best in the business and he's not even as famous as Kerry King is. His style reminds me of Malmsteen but he holds back more and plays more to fit the songs rather than just to show off at every possible second (Malmsteen's signature). 
     And how about this attack in Paris? It sickens me that people commit these heinous acts of murder. I think as Americans and the general public has become desensitized to terrorism because it happens every single day. Just not here in America. It happens in the Middle East so we figure we're safe from these kinds of things. The truth is that with the rise of Isis and terrorism in general there may be no place safe suicide bombers and the like. We have to fight back but I'm not exactly sure how. Drone strikes aren't working. Sending troops on the ground isn't working. Maybe we can't fix every problem in the world. Maybe we have to let those countries handle it themselves. I am not in favor of troops on the ground. That will just create more terrorists, as it happened with the creation of Isis. The truth is that we may never be able to defeat terrorism, partly because we created it. If we defeat Isis some other terrorist group will just rise to take its place. Cut off one head and two more will pop up (Hydra reference). One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. (Farkaan reference). Just my thoughts on the subject. Let us pray for Paris. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...