Friday, December 18, 2015

Holidays Are Here


     Holidays are here! Now is that time that you either love or hate. I've been seeing it on both ends of the spectrum. At first I was hating this Holiday season because I'm working all these extra hours but after reevaluating everything I have found my inner Zen and am doing great. I'm happy about the extra hours because it means more money to spend on gifts to ensure that this is great Christmas. Also, it means more money for me to save. It's actually a win-win. Everything's been great lately. I've been doing a lot of gaming, especially Super Smash Bros. I'm thinking about picking up some more gifts for co-workers and games for some friends.
      The things I would get for my co-workers would be simple Holiday chocolates, coffee, hot chocolate, etc, all Holiday-themed of course. I wanted to get one of my favorite managers this cute cup with a Fox wearing a monocle that also had chocolate inside of it. I'll have to go back to the store to see if that's still there. I think she would really find it cute. The other items would be the usual Holiday type stuff. Nothing too fancy.
     For most of my friends I already got them gifts but I'm thinking about getting one of my friends an Xbox360 game, maybe CoD BoIII or Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes. Then there's friends that I have on Steam. I was thinking about getting two of them Undertale, this great new rpg that has a lot of interesting mechanics and is really big on the internet. Undertale is like a cult classic now and its super big on the net. Lots of people on Facebook are using the characters from the game as their profile pictures and stuff,. I looked into the game and I would want to play it myself, but lately I haven't been playing too many rpgs.
     I still have games on my Steam list that I got from last Christmas and I haven't played them even once. I have too much and too little time. When I get online I have to make a decision what to play and I just haven't gotten to maybe like 4 or 5 games. These games include Fallout New Vegas, Deadspace, Victoria, a good portion of the Dawn of War series, PayDay 2, Company of Heroes, Endless Space, Half Life, and Portal. In addition, I've only played a bit of Bioshock and Grey Goo. My list is so big, complete with 32 games! Insane collection. All of them are like great games too.
      I'm thinking about buying myself something nice before Christmas, or just something for myself. I was thinking of a game but its hard to say what I really want because I already have a great collection. But I was thinking about getting Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U, Call of Duty Black Ops III, maybe pre-purchasing the new WoW (been meaning to get back into that game), Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, Skullgirls, Super Mario Maker, and pre-purchasing Street Fighter V. I think the safe option would just to buy Guilty Gear Xrd Sign ($23) or Skullgirls ($15). That way I could still enjoy and pick up a new game while spending  a relatively low amount of money because those other titles are all $60. I'll probably try out Skullgirls because I played it a friends house and it seemed like a great fighter. It features girls from the 1920's in fantastic detailed colorful artwork and all the girls have cool fighting techniques to take each other out. Sounds fun.
     In an earlier post I talked about how this is the Christmas of Starwars. The movie came out today and people have already seen it. I'm not too hyped about it but I do want to see it eventually. It doesn't have to be too soon, maybe I'll go see it with some friends after the Holidays are over and the movie isn't so hyped up. Also, they're marketing the hell out of the Starwars Battlefront III game which I despise. My friend at work told me today he really likes the game and that he can get into the competitive aspect of it. He said I have to level up and get more of the guns and stuff before I can really make a judgement on if its good or bad. For one thing, I never even got the jetback, which you don't get until like level 18. I think I'm level 4 at the moment haha.
     Life has been good to me. I've met a lot of great new friends and I've had a blast hanging out with them. In other good news, my brother passed the first A+ certification today. I'm really happy for him. I think he should be able to pass the 2nd test pretty easily. I should follow his footsteps and learn computers myself, I'm online, gaming, and using computers all the time so I might as well learn all about them. He's tried to get me into it before but I never really showed interest. I still consider myself a musician even though I haven't practiced in a long time. I haven't had a lesson with my teacher for a while either. I guess we're taking a hiatus for the Holidays. I feel bad about neglecting music because as much as I love gaming I'm a much better guitarist than a gamer. I consider myself a guitar otaku. Plus I've been keeping up listening to a lot of great jazz. Right now I'm listening to saxophonist Jackie McLean. I've really got to get back to playing guitar. That was always the original plan. To make myself some kind of musician while working. But that's the topic for another post.
     Enjoy the Holidays. I know this time can be rough but in the end its all about being with your family and loved ones. With only like a week left before Christmas you all better make sure to get your final gifts! I still have to get things myself. I'll probably be working on Christmas but I'm prepared for it. It'll be nice to be with my work family anyways. But if I do end up working I'll still be like,"Bah humbug!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...