Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Smash 4 Practice

      Even though my Wii U Gamepad is off to the Nintendo Repair outfit nearby I can still launch Smash 4 with my Wiimote connected to my Zero Suit Samus controller, which I got as a gift from a friend for my birthday back in September. I've been really working on my Smash play. I'm focusing on just playing Zero Suit Samus but switching it up with Veria Suit Samus as a secondary when I know I can win. One thing I'm getting really good at is punishing people when they make mistakes. I've gotten a lot better at dodging and shielding attacks. I've even begun dodging so much that it looks like my character is dancing. I've learned a lot of this from watching the pros at the local tournament at Fire and Dice in Woodland Hills. A lot of great players play there. People like Zenyou and Larry Laur. People I can really learn a lot from. It was fun playing online today because I was absolutely dominating on For Glory. When I told one of my friends about it he said I shouldn't be too happy because a lot of new players just got a brand new Wii U for Christmas and are playing it online for the first time. So I guess I shouldn't be too happy but I will definitely be using these new players as target practice. One thing I noticed online a lot is that I fought a lot of Bowsers. I used Veria Suit Samus against all of them and took them out pretty easily. Bowser just can't take all the spam missiles and charge shots even with his heavy ass. In 2016 I'm thinking about making plans to create a YouTube channel dedicated to Smash 4 and have it highlight replays of my playing. Of course I have to get a lot better to have something good to watch. With all the practice I've been putting in I will definitely be a much better player in 2016. Eventually I'm hoping to make a name for myself in the SoCal scene, or at least at Fire and Dice. It seems like an impossible task now but I believe in myself! My Smash 4 training montage will be like an anime. I believe in the you that believes in me! Thumbs up if you got that reference. With Zero Suit Samus how can I not get better, she's so top tier. With the idea of the YouTube channel it would be great to commentate my games and possibly other peoples' games. I think I can do it and it would be super fun editing videos and getting my name out there as a Smash player. Just some thoughts on Smash at the moment. New Years is almost upon us. I'm going to be working until midnight on New Years Eve. Too bad. I wanted to go to a Smash New Years Eve tournament. Better luck getting off work next time eh? Enjoy the last couple days of 2015. It was an amazing year for me and I met a lot of new friends and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...