Tuesday, December 29, 2015

New Games

   
     With this great Christmas I just had a got a bunch of cool new games. My Steam collection is now up to 50 games and with my friend's family shared account I have something like over 200! Of course not all of them are installed on my computer, the hardware capacity would have to be insane for that. But I have been thinking about getting an external hard drive soon. Sho 'nuff. I actually got a lot of gaming stuff for Christmas. I got Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U, Skyrim, Skullgirls, and two $20 Steam cards. I used the Steam cards to get the following games: Axiom Verge, Fallout 3, The Witcher, Rust, The Ship, Spelunky, and Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex. I'd like to talk a bit about each of these games but if you're a gamer chances are you're familiar with all of these.
     Axiom Verge is an indie title that was totally inspired by 2D sidescrollers like Super Metroid. It's like a modern day Super Metroid. The game is fantastic. The sound effects are amazing and the pixelated graphics are a joy to look at. The game has some challenging puzzles and bosses (so far, I'm still in the beginning), and lots and lots of rooms and corridors (Super Metroid anyone?). I just can't get enough of this game. It's a science fiction game so its right up my alley. I prefer the cyber punk style over the medivel stuff. Which leads me to my next game.
     Skyrim is simply one of the best PC games money can buy. With all the mods that are available for the game, you can have quite possibly the greatest PC gaming experience. I'm not really a medieval RPG slaying dragons type of guy but now that I have this game I totally am! Skyrim is one of the greatest rpg's ever made and the PC version of it is made even better by all the great mods that the community has made. It's an instant 10 out of 10.
     I booted up Xenoblade Chronicles X and got to see the introduction video. It was fascinating. Here's a great jrpg science fiction game that has over 60 hours of gameplay. But I couldn't play too much because of a faulty wii u gamepad. I'm currently working on getting that fixed as we speak. Going to send out my gamepad to a Nintendo authorized repair shop tomorrow. It's actually going to some place closeby out here in California. This was my main xmas gift I would say and I can't wait to really get to play it.
     Skullgirls is a great 2D 1920's female fighting game. The game reminds me of Marvel vs Capcom 2, which is probably the greatest fighting game in the world to me. There's a lot of crazy combos you can do in this game and it seems like it has a steep learning curve. I'm currently trying to buy my friend's fightstick mainly just for this game, but also for Street Fighter IV Ultra and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
     Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex is an early access first person shooter that is just super fun. People die in this game super easy and the action is fast paced compared to something like Call of Duty where people seem to move and shoot slowly. The game features hero and class systems and you can choose abilities and stuff, something similar to a Call of Duty loadout but this game is more fun than Call of Duty if you ask me. It has a lot going for it, mainly just the fact that it's based off the Ghost in the Shell series. The graphics are pretty good but not great. It's mainly the gameplay that kept me playing this game today. I would say that this game is getting me back into first person shooters at the moment.
     I haven't played the other stuff yet because I was busy enjoying Heroes of the Storm, Axiom Verge, Skyrim, and Ghost in the Shell today. But I'll get to those other games eventually. I'm not actually done with this Steam Winter Sale. I might as well pick up a copy of Fallout 4 for myself. Or quite possibly maybe even Metal Gear Solid V. Or maybe The Witcher 3 for $30? So many great options. While it does feel great to have all this new content and all that I'm still bummed about not being able to play Xenoblade or even Smash 4 for that matter. Smash 4 is like my lifeblood as a gamer man! Practicing in Smash and going to tournaments daily has given me so much as a gamer and it's been great to be apart of the SoCal Smash community. To think that I won't be able to play Smash for another week-2 weeks just bums me out. Oh well, at least I can take an arrow to the knee in Skyrim! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...