Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Plans: Gaming and Otherwise

     So occasionally at work I get divine inspiration and ideas while toiling away in the salt mines. I came to the conclusion that I play so many games and so often that I should try to focus back on streaming. I did start it but I didn't really keep up with it but now I want to really do it, and be committed to it more. I'm going to get a webcam so I can be a true streamer. You know how people stream on Twitch and stuff but they're just playing the game with no webcam and just with a microphone. It's just not the same when you can't see the person. You don't get to understand their true persona and who they really are. It's just a whole lot more fun. So a webcam will help. Also, I'm thinking about posting Super Smash Bros videos online on a YouTube channel dedicated to gaming. I want to start by just editing Smash videos and putting hype music on them and doing a bit of commentary as well. 

     Sounds really fun. This is all really doable stuff and I wouldn't really be doing anything out of the ordinary from my regular life. I mean, I always play games so I might as well have an audience, try to make new friends online with other streamers and viewers, and just have a good time doing it. 

     Other ideas that came to mind is that I need to lose weight. It's easier said than done. A big part of it is that my lifestyle is a very languid and laid back one. The life of a gamer means little to no exercise. At least in the summer my friends and I went out to the beach and went hiking a lot. Now that its winter we mostly just go out to eat and just chill. I think I should make it a habit to start walking everyday, like maybe go out for coffee everyday as a reward for walking. For instance, I could walk to Starbucks from my house (a good workout), and get a coffee when I get there. And then from there I could go to work. And I could do this everyday. I'm sure if I started getting more physical activity I would shed some pounds easily. I think that's the biggest problem really, just not enough physical activity. So I'm going to start walking.

     The other idea that came to mind is that I need to get my drivers license. I'm going to the DMV on the 20th and take the written driving test and try to get my permit. The first time I went I failed but it was mostly because I didn't use any of my skips. It was on a computer screen and you were allowed three skips (basically three free answers) and I just completely forgot I had them and didn't use any of them. For some reason I felt like I could Rambo all the questions and get them all right. Next time I'll use the skips, and hopefully I'll be able to get the permit. Thankfully, I already have a car I can practice on but my folks will have to get me on their insurance for me to practice driving on it. I think driving will change my life because I'll be out more and doing more things. I'll definitely be driving to Smash tournaments and hanging out at Guitar Center jamming on guitars. 

      I was also interested in working on music, but maybe trying to work on electronic music stuff just messing around with music programs. It would be fun to orchestrate stuff on a computer with orchestral instruments. 

     This all just came to me today while I was at work. Good things do come out of work!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...