Thursday, January 21, 2016

Smash Weekly at FaD 1/21/16

     The weekly at Fire and Dice was stacked with great players tonight. I guess everyone was back from Genesis 3, where SoCal represented super well. I did not play very well tonight. I'm blaming it on mostly being sick. I have this hardcore cold where my throat and body feels super weak but I have no cold symptoms like coughing. I really just wasn't feeling it today and it showed in my gameplay. I only won one game of friendlies vs this Pac Man player. I'm pretty proud of that win though. It was awesome.....sugoi!
     My first match was against this guy I played two tournaments ago. Back then he used Mario and defeated me 2-0. This time he used his main (Fox) and just went ham. I fought back as well as I could but it just wasn't enough. He kept going for the up-airs when I was in the air and got me every time. I was pretty upset but when my friend told me that he's a pretty well established player I kinda just let it go and stopped thinking about it. I kept making a ton of mistakes and just doing them over and over again. I wasn't spacing very well. I feel like that's the biggest problem in my Zero Suit Samus play and I have a lot of work to do to make it better. Oh yeah, Game 2 I almost brought the game back with my Veria Suit Samus. Maybe I should take her up more in tournament when I lose Game 1? I was thinking about playing her in my second set vs this Game and Watch player but in the end I stuck with Zero Suit Samus.
     After I lost I went up against a Game and Watch player who didn't even have his own controller. He borrowed one from the venue. When I saw him do that I was expected for an EZPZ win. Boy, was I mistaken. Although this guy didn't own a controller he absolutely owns with Game and Watch. It was his first tournament and he played really well against me. Game 1 he beat me with a convincing victory where it wasn't very close. Game 2 was super close with both of us over 100%. Again, looking back on those matches my spacing was terrible and my overall maneuverability was just horrible. I think this is the main thing I'm lacking in my Smash 4 game right now. Just not getting hit, dodging more, shielding more, and not going go hard in the paint with the aggro style.
      Part of it is because I feel like Zero Suit Samus is a super aggressive character but also my whole style is pretty aggro heavy. Let's just say I have a lot of work to do. Part of it is that I play too many other games and need to focus on Smash 4 more if I'm going to start doing work in these tournaments. People will always be great players at Fire and Dice but I can surpass them if I train harder. I'll be like Goku in the hyperbolic time chamber! It was a good night even though I really wasn't feeling it. I went across the street to this Japanese Restaurant with this really good Rosalina & Luma player. The food was great, especially the fluffy white rice. It was also great watching some of the more established PR players play. Rich Brown vs Zenyou was pretty cool to watch. Rich's Mewtwo has transcended Super Sayian, that's how good he is with Mewtwo.
      Also, this isn't Smash related but yesterday I passed my drivers permit test! Now, I can legally drive with this piece of paper and I'll be legit once my permit arrives in the post. This is great! I can't wait to start practicing driving on our extra super old car. Eventually once I get the hang of cruising around I'll start driving to more Smash tourneys, Guitar Center, work. That will just be easier for me because in the past I've just been relying on walking and taking the bus. Having a car will just make life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...