Sunday, January 17, 2016

Streaming

     

     Over the past couple days I've been streaming a lot and its been a learning process how to get everything figured out, looking good, and sounding good. At my friends house he had everything set up perfectly and it looked good and sounded great. I just got my webcam today and I streamed quite a bit before work. Check out the content at twitch.tv/megaman1597. I already have a lot of new stuff on there from games like Super Smash Bros Brawl (Project M), Heroes of the Storm, and Ghost in the Shell. It's been fun but I haven't necessarily been getting the viewers. The first stream I did at my friends house got some viewers and somebody asked a question. I'll probably starting streaming other games as I figure out how to make everything sound good. One thing I learned is that the max bitrate that should be used for OBS is from 1500-2000. I had mine set at 2000 and after looking the videos I think I should go with 1500. You can see the game clear but it seems a bit choppy, the pixels and somewhat of a lag sometimes. Another thing I learned is that I had my mic volume too low. So next time I gotta set the mic volume to the highest and lower the music settings on all games that have music. I've got a lot to learn. Its been fun and I look forward to doing more streaming. Hopefully soon I'll have it polished so it looks and sounds much better than it is currently. Other games I'm interested in streaming are Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Skyrim, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament 4 beta, Paragon beta, and Rivals of Aether. I have big plans and hope to become a good streamer. I'm not really sure what kind of streamer I want to be like if I should just do a lot of commentary all the time or be more laid back and just chill with music on in the background. I want to do commentary but at the same time I want to be able to chill, so maybe having music on sometimes wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll figure it out. Stay posted about everything on my twitter, https://twitter.com/fig_land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...