Monday, January 18, 2016

Update



     Wanted to do a little update on whats been up lately. The major thing is that I've been streaming everyday since like the 15th. I'm actually starting to really enjoy it and I think I'm going to be a streamer and stick with it everyday, with a schedule and stuff. I'm thinking my schedule will be before work in the early afternoons like 12 30pm to 4 pm monday-sunday. If I had a good constant streaming time like that everyday and spiffy up my conversation skills while gaming I think I'll have a much better stream. So far I haven't been getting many viewers (if at all) but when I told my friend he just said that's because I'm just starting out. You can't expect to be famous when you've only begun streaming. I think streaming could be something hard to do and do well but when I told friends about it they all said it was super easy. I feel like you have to work hard at it and really be an interesting person with a dynamic personality, especially when interacting with the audience. That being said, not all twitch streamers have that and they still have a good following and get lots of viewers. I don't know if I fit that above description but I do think I could be great interacting with the audience when there are more people that watch the stream. So far people have said the quality looks fine so that's good. I want to get into streaming more games as well, maybe starting Fallout 3 or some other single player games because it seems like it could be more dynamic focusing on a solo game and taking time to go over every little detail. We'll see what happens. Check out the old broadcasts I've got so far on twitch.tv/megaman1597. Check up on my twitter for when I'm live https://twitter.com/fig_land.
     Also, I've been training up in Smash. I've been playing Project M (a Super Smash Bros Brawl mod) on stream a lot and I think that's been keeping my skills up a lot because of reaction time and spacing. In addition, I've been practicing Smash 4. Not just online but also labbing it up against the computer and training mode. I've learned a lot more combos with Zero Suit Samus doing this and its relaxing to take it easy and work on combos rather than always playing 1v1 For Glory all the time. Today I actually played doubles only and I did very well. It seems that Zero Suit Samus is a great doubles character. I often go for the stun gun grab up-air into air combos like all the time and it punishes people really hard. I feel like I just learned that setup on Thursday. Usually before I always just stun gunned into dash attack. Not a bad option but the grab is definitely way better for Zss's move-sets. I want to start playing Xenoblade Chronicles X more at night after work but I'm always so tired that I usually just end up watching anime or amazon prime (prime and chill). I'm planning on going to every weekly Smash tournament at Fire and Dice for the next foreseeable future so I know I'm going to just keep getting better at the game. I feel like I've surpassed my friends already and they are great players. I play many games but I feel like I focus and have a passion for Smash. Its the only fighting game that I've always been good at. Now I've become even better. It's a great feeling and its great taking people out at tournaments. Just gotta keep improving and see the results at the tournies. I'm going to save up for a PC monitor with hdmi so I can plug my Wii U to my PC and stream it on twitch. I kind of want to do that because I feel like the twitch following for Smash is very low and doesn't get much attention. It needs more channels for sure. I'm hyped for Smash 4 this year.
   In addition, sometime soon I'll get the drivers permit and then I can start practicing driving. It would be great to get a car so I can travel to more Smash tournaments and Guitar Center but at the same time I don't want the costs of owning a car like having to pay big car payments and gas. But the plan is to get the permit soon and eventually my license not too far after.
     Music-wise, on Wednesday me and some friends are going to a metal show. I'm not particularly found about metal these days but I'll give it a shot. They might be some killer undiscovered great metal bands, you never know. I've always leaned towards the speed metal and death metal side of metal music but I think the bands we're going to be seeing are metal-core bands. Metal-core is a newer style of music that is very in at the moment. I'm definitely expecting a mosh-pit. 
     Lastly, life has been good. I've been waking up earlier, doing more, working hard, playing hard, and having a good go at it. Sometimes everything just falls right into place without any effort whatsoever. Sometimes it feels like writing for the blog is the most difficult thing I do. Everything else is easy-pee-zee. Thanks for reading, and all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...