Thursday, January 7, 2016

Wii U Gamepad Repaired and Xenoblade Chronicles X

     
   
     So a while ago I sent my Wii U Gamepad to a Nintendo repair outfit. The repair outfit turned out to be someplace nearby in Chatsworth, thankfully not like in Japan or something crazy like that. I think it took maybe about 1-2 weeks I kind of lost track of time but it was pretty quick. The best part is that they fixed it free of charge because its still within the one year manufacturer's warranty. Lucky me that I just bought my Wii U in September.
     Now that I have the Gamepad back the first thing I did was start playing Xenoblade Chronicles X. I gotta say that this game looks amazing on the Wii U, probably the most graphic intensive game on the entire system. It also has the biggest open world out of all Wii U games. This is the quintessential open world rpg experience on the Wii U. The story is pretty awesome. Basically, some aliens attacked Earth and humanity escaped on a giant space vessel, only to run into more aliens and crash land on this planet called Mira. There are lots of fierce animals here and humanity has rebuilt using their skell technology (giant mech robots) and called their new home New Los Angeles. Xenoblade Chronicles X has some sick classic JRPG fighting mechanics similar to the original Xenoblade Chronicles game but what the game offers in cut scenes and character animations are very dry, probably a byproduct of a not very good English translation. The thing about it is that the first Xenoblade Chronicles game had a great English translation. All the characters sounded great, and I could understand certain feelings that their voice could portray. In this new Xenoblade game all the dialogue is pretty robotic and 'lacks feeling'. By lacks feeling I mean that the actors didn't do a good job emoting through the characters. Sometimes this happens. I don't know, maybe its just because I'm only level 8 and still in the beginning of the game, I'm not sure. I'm hoping that once the game starts moving along, the voice actors deliver a better performance.
     I can't wait to get my Skell but I don't think that's going to be for many, many hours into the game. Although this game doesn't seem to deliver in terms of voice acting, the graphics and overall story seems to be more interesting than the first Xenoblade Chronicles. Another reason why this game doesn't impress me so much is that your character that you created doesn't ever talk in the game. This was such a stupid idea! Mind you that they did this despite the fact that you can give your character a signature voice. What was the point if your character can't even talk? It's just another thing I don't like about this title. However, the gameplay is absolutely fantastic. Every battle is super fun and the mechanics are pretty much the same as the original Xenoblade. However, I find healing a bit harder to do. So far there is no dedicated healer and I'm not sure if this game features any. This is a great add on to my list of Wii U titles, which include Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8. I'll write more about this title as I get farther in the game. Until then, stay happy and stay gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...