Sunday, May 8, 2016

May Update

     Life has been good but it's definitely had its ups and downs. I haven't written for a while because I've just been busy with the daily life grind, but thankfully it ain't all bad. Things have been good too, I've been hanging out at the beach, playing a lot of guitar, and am even looking for other musicians to start up a band-be it a metal band or a jazz quartet. As I write this now I'm listening to Hendrix's band of gypsies album, the one with the insane guitar solo on Machine Gun. What a classic album man! I wish I could play the guitar as funky as Hendrix could with his wah-wah rhythm guitar chords while taking leads in a call and response blues style. The guy was incredible!
     Haha, anyways I've been getting back into music. I'm finding out that I'm a much better jazz guitarist when I focus on just playing the song-the head, middle, and outro more-so than just taking solos over the whole tune. In addition, I've realized that sometimes you don't have to shred over anything. Sometimes a simple melody or a singing tonality connects more to the soul than some sixteenth note three note per string bebop lick. Haha, I do like those as well! Music is great. It's got my creative juices going again. I've never sounded better on the guitar. Maybe its because I'm older or perhaps its just because I've listened to so much more stuff than say like 3 years ago. I've definitely become a much better guitarist and musician. It's a great feeling. Now I just need to find a group to play together. I'm down for anything really. Even punk. :D
     I've been playing some games as well. Mainly Heroes of the Storm but I've also been playing the Overwatch beta which has been amazing! I'm not a big fps guy but this game has me wanting to improve my mouse and keyboard shooting skills. It's super fun and its a blast to play online with a good team. I picked up Guilty Gear thru Steam's anime sale and its a cool game. I haven't had the time to play it enough but its given me another reason to use my fightstick-which is super fancy by the way. I've even been playing YuGiOh w/ my friends. I have a cyber dragon deck that focuses on powering up machine type monsters. It's a fun game but I think Magic has a much cooler more dark and gothic feel to it.
     Oh yeah, today I saw Captain America Civil War with my brother. The movie is amazing and you should all go see it. I'll probably do a separate post about it later but just wanted to say that Marvel does a great job with their heroes. Its a shame that Batman V Superman turned out to be such a blunder. It's not that it was bad but it was definitely not good. 
     Lastly, work sure was weird tonight. Here's to all those weird days! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...