Thursday, June 16, 2016

Its nerf or nothin'



So yesterday Overwatch got a major patch update that nerfed McCree and Widowmaker, thus making some other characters stronger in a way. It's like a chain reaction. It's great knowing now that Zenyatta can't get one shot body shotted by Widowmaker. I feel like I can really start playing Zenyatta more and not be afraid of that. What a pain that was!

Okay, so check out this info here to understand everything about the patch. The post important thing to note is that McCree's alt-fire damage has been decreased from 70 to 45. This means that he can still annihilate the lighter/medium light heroes in seconds but now he can't melt through tanks like a knife on hot butter anymore. Good news everyone! I really like McCree because I always call him that Clint Eastwood motherfucker but the fact of the matter is that he's one of the best characters in the game still. Every competitive Overwatch team has a McCree it seems. The same could be said of Widowmaker.

And for the changes to Widowmaker I think I'll just quote the pcgamer article. "Widowmaker has also been changed: Her sniper fire base damage has been reduced from 15 to 12, the headshot multiplier bumped from 2 to 2.5, her ultimate charge cost has been increased by ten percent, and players will no longer be able to re-enter sniping mode until after the “exit sniping mode” animation has completed."

Yes, yes, this is a real nerf. But is it something that changes her drastically or the way she will be played? I think not. She will still be used in a lot of the games we play and she can still be an unstoppable killing machine. This is my opinion but its also from personal experience playing the game since the patch. She still feels strong to me but I don't feel like she's overpowered if that makes sense. Basically she was nerfed but people with good aim will still dominate the battlefield. 

So what does this all mean? It means a lot considering the game just came out and no new content has come to the players. Does it mean there's going to be less Widowmakers and McCree's? I don't think so. After playing just a bit since the patch I noticed there were still McCree's and Widowmakers in pretty much every game. I think competitive Overwatch teams are still all going to have them aboard too. However, the patch was much needed and gives us, the player base something to work with as we wait for the ranked mode later this month as well as the new maps and more heroes. This is a great addition to the game and it's good to see that Blizzard is keeping up the good work by keeping the game as balanced as they can. People will always complain that certain heroes are overpowered or too weak but ultimately its the company that decides what is what. Hopefully Blizzard continues to listen to the players and make wise decisions with their balancing. So far I like what I see.

That's it for now. If you want to play with me on Overwatch my battlenet id is Ogspace#1967. Stay happy, and stay gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...