Monday, July 10, 2017

Games I wish I could play (if I had a hyperbolic time chamber)


So I've been reading a lot about games and posting a lot of blog posts. I figured I'd do a post about games I wish I could play if I had more time. Or money. Most of these I'll never play because games are expensive and money is hard to come by these days. Time is also hard to find these days too. Let's start this thing.

So the first game I would love to play is Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn and its expansion Stormblood. I've heard so many great things about this game and I've been watching a lot of game play on YouTube ever since I read reviews about how great it was. Apparently A Realm Reborn is pretty grindy (takes a long time to hit max level) but once you do the expansion (Stormblood) is what makes the entire game great. What I like about it is the art style. It's very colourful and there's tons of spells, combos, and abilities going on. Kind of like World of Warcraft (which I've been playing) but I think FF14 has more of a combo button activation feel. Much more so than WoW. But yeah my favorite thing about the game is the fact that its a Final Fantasy game and it looks so fresh, bright, and colourful. I would love to try this game out but buying A Realm Reborn, Stormblood, and paying for the subscription fee ($14.99/month) just isn't within my earnings. Would love to try like a trial or something. Maybe that's a thing?

Next, I would really like to try out PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG). Its a massively multiplayer online battle royal game where you spawn in a server and immediately try to run around, survive, and kill enemy players. The idea of the game is pvp (with 100 players duking it out) with players going in by themselves or in small teams. The last player and/or teams alive wins. It's a modern era game with guns and stuff. Its currently the most popular game on Steam and its only in early access. Once the game is fully developed and launched it will become even better, and possibly even more popular. I've never played a game like this but I have been interested.

Next up is Epic Games' Fornite. The game launches later this month and its a Minecrafty tower defense game where you build forts and hold off waves of zombies with guns and such. You build forts, often at night and you try to survive. Anyone can see that its got a Left 4 Dead vibe with four hero characters surviving waves of zombies but I think this game is going to be much different than Left 4 Dead because it has a lot of other mechanics.

"It’s part Minecraft, in that you bust up trees and rocks with a pickaxe to build big fortresses out of big snappy pieces, and part tower defense in that zombies creatures make a beeline towards said base with the singular goal of destroying your creations. It’s also a third-person shooter with class-based co-op synergies and tons of loot—traps, weapons, heroes, and even NPC support characters. Fortnite is a lot of things. It’s too many things, really." (PC Gamer)

I'm interested in it if I ever had the chance. But with all the work I'm going to be doing its probably not going to happen unless some of my friends start playing it. It does sound interesting. Muy!

Then there's Destiny 2.  Anyone that knows anything about me will tell you that I'm a Blizzard fan. I am pretty excited about Destiny 2 coming out on the pc but I don't think I have the time for an mmo like that because I'm currently playing WoW. I actually played the original Destiny on Xbox 360 for a little while but I became bored because at the time the 360 was a dying console and was easily replaced by the Xbox One Destiny scene. I did think it was a great game. I just didn't stick with it because I don't like console games unless they're fighting games or single player rpgs (smash bros, mvc2, xenoblade, final fantasy vii, etc). I think Destiny 2 will be even bigger than the first one. Mainly because it will be on pc. Pc gamers are always looking for more shooters to play so an mmo fps will be like heaven to them.

Lastly, to keep this post short (because I could go all night) I'm gonna go ahead and say Hearthstone. I've been reading about the game here and there and its a pretty hip and happening game in the overall gaming community. I heard in the next expansion Blizzard's gonna make it so that every class in the game can turn into death knights. I'm a huge death knight fan (mained worgen death knight in WoW back in Cataclysm) so this is exciting news and it might just be the tipping point for me to actually start playing.

That's gonna do it for the games I wish I could play if I had more time. Time is of the essence. The thing is that other things need to get done (guitar playing, hang outs with friends, work) and there's only so much time in the day. Making effective use of my time is my primary directive at all times before work during the day. I even wake up earlier than I used to back in 2014, 2015, and 2016 because I realized I wouldn't get everything I needed done if I was sleeping in all the time. Sleep is good but getting things done is even better. 

 If only I had a hyperbolic time chamber!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...