Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Untitled Guitar Improvisation #1

Hey, whats up everybody? Me again, back with some more music. This time I have an improvised guitar solo I recorded at my friend Ash's studio. Its pretty basic, its just a solo guitar track (except for the drums in the beginning). There's a ton of reverb, chorus (mostly chorus), and delay on the guitar. I wanted to post this because I was going to start an improvisational set of music where I just improvise guitar solos and post them for fun. 

I'm looking for feedback from people but also just to listen back to myself and see what direction and sounds I was trying to achieve at the time. 

Here I was going for a few different kinds of things.  

For starters there's quite a few freak out free jazz moments. I'm trying to learn how to play a more free jazz style on guitar, like Derek Bailey or my modern free jazz guitar hero Mary Halvorson. I don't think I sound like them at all but it does sound different and interesting enough for me to keep exploring. 

Then there's the traditional post-bop licks (I reference Girl from Ipanema and Hendrix), shred licks, and there's that modern sense of harmony I've been working on. I notice the music sounds good when I blend the modern sense of harmony with the free jazz atonal sort of stuff. 

I think this is the direction I'm going to go in with my more improvisational music. 

However, I'm still a post-bop fan and player. Still exploring. 

Like I said I'm going to compile tons of solos and post them on Soundcloud for fun. 

Listen to the solo here  

https://soundcloud.com/orlando-figueroa-17/untitled-guitar-improvisation-1

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...