Tuesday, July 7, 2015

What I've been up to lately and plans


     I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Holiday being the Fourth of July with family and fireworks and all that. My family has never been too big on Fourth of July or going out to see fireworks but I do enjoy fireworks when I can. This year I worked both the 4th of July and the 3rd, so I didn't get to see any fireworks or anything, although I could hear it inside the store I work at. I got to spend the Fourth working with my good friend until 1 in the morning. Good times getting paid, making that bread. In other news, I've been looking and playing old school games on my computer via emulators. Mainly just Zsnes, I've been playing Super Nintendo games that I missed growing up because for me gaming was more about the Playstation. Right now I am playing Super Metroid but I also have Zelda:A link to the Past, StreetFighter 2, Super Mario Bros, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger. The girl in the picture is doing a cosplay of Samus from Super Metroid. Anyways, today was cool because I ordered a USB Super Nintendo controller and it came through the mail. So I was finally able to play the games on a Super Nintendo controller, which is a much smoother gaming experience than using a keyboard to run and jump my way through Super Metroid. I've been thinking about streaming again and doing it in a much more focused way to actually get and keep viewers. One of my problems I think I had when I was streaming a lot on twitch was that I was streaming the wrong games. I was streaming Heroes of the Storm and I don't think most people want to watch mobas, especially that particular one. On the other hand, when I was streaming Starcraft 2 I would get like 10 viewers watching me play 1v1 matches, and it was awesome! So I'm planning on redoing my stream, and even getting a web cam. I feel like people really enjoy watching streams more if they can see the gamer playing it, seeing how they look and their facial expressions and all that is definitely part of the twitch experience. On the other hand, there are people who don't use a web cam and they just use a mic and they get along fine. Another thing I'm looking into is starting a YouTube gaming channel where I play these old school games like Super Metroid and A Link to the Past and stuff. So yeah these are my plans I got going on. Musically I've been feeling very down and in the dumps. I hardly play guitar that much these days as I'm getting more and more into gaming, not only playing new and current PC games but also games on Xbox 360, and doing retro gaming on emulators on my PC. Although every now and then I listen to some great death metal. Lately I've been really into this band Arch Enemy. They just added the great shred guitarist from Nevermore; Jeff Loomis to the band. They are one great death metal band, probably one of the best out there on the scene today. Anyways, so I'm thinking about making a better attempt at streaming. For a while, I was streaming everyday but the only game I was streaming was Heroes of the Storm, and I was getting like no views. Maybe if I try streaming some older games like Super Metroid and maybe going back to Starcraft I can get viewers again. I won't give up! Orlando out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...