Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Update 1.09


     It's been a while now since I've written. I've been busy enjoying life, gaming, practicing the guitar, learning jazz music, listening to a lot of jazz, and working. I just ended a three day weekend off from work, it was quite exhilarating! The blog has kind of become a personal space for me online yet somehow I have gotten more readers despite not writing about music-particularly jazz, which I was doing some months ago. It's been a while but sooner or later I'll be back to writing jazz posts, for now I'm mainly going to continue doing personal posts and talking about gaming and general life stuff. So in terms of what's been up with me lately, I have been doing a lot of intense gaming sessions, anime watching, amazon prime watching, guitar practicing, and working late in the evenings. It's quite the life, feel free to walk a day in my shoes, you will see the light my brotha. Anyways, here's what I've been playing.
      It's a 2D retro-style indie game that's inspired by Smash Bros called Rivals of Aether. That's a screenshot of the game above. It's in early access at the moment on Steam for only $15, a really good price for a game that is already pretty solid. Right now there are only six available characters and you can play online or in local connections with people. The game features animals that all have special unique moves and abilities. There's a lion that has fire attacks and his recovery is just like Foxs' from Smash 4. Then there's a bird with kungfu attacks who's pretty reminiscent of Falco from Smash 4. There's a big rock bug creature that throws rocks at you and breaks them on you. Then there's a guy (not sure what he is) that can stir up dirt in the air and engulf the screen with it, and then he can turn into two, making it hard to figure out which one is the real him. Then there's a squirrel that uses punching gloves, he seems like the weakest link right now. And lastly we have a water type dolphin creature that reminds me of the Pokemon Vaporeon. He has some water teleporting abilities and bubble move that reminds me of Squirtle. The game-play is so reminiscence of Smash Bros, but mainly Super Smash Brothers Melee because the game-play is smooth, fast, combo-intensive, and requires a bit more technical skills than the average Smash 4 player. The game even has wave dashing! The game gets an instant 10 out of 10 from just for being a great Smash Bros style game that is still unique by itself. The characters in this game are so unique and interesting and combos are so nasty that its hard to say its just a Smash copy.
     The thing that makes this game so great is that the combos are devastatingly nasty. They are absolutely disgusting. You will get bodied so hard in this game unless you know how to get out of combos. At the same time, you will absolutely crush somebody's soul if you get them in a string of great combos. All it takes is perfect positioning and you can get in some insane combos. I did it today actually. I went on like a 20 win streak earlier and I had no idea how I was doing it honestly. All I was doing was getting in the right spots and attacking at the right times. I guess that's really all you need for this type of beat em up game. The controls are easy to learn and simple. My friend that got me into the game showed me a way to play the game with the Gamecube controller using the Wii U Gamecube adapter on my PC. So the game even plays exactly like Smash Bros! It's awesome. Do yourself a favor and buy this game. Once it gets out of early access there will be more characters to play and even a story mode for the players. In addition, the internet connection seems pretty solid when playing with others online. There were a few times where I had some bad lag problems but they were very rare. I've come to the conclusion that the game actually has a great internet connection for a game that's still in beta. My favorite character is the lion because he reminds me of Fox, but also because he seems to have some nasty combos that are easy to improvise with. This is the kind of fighting game that you have to improvise with, making up combos and attacks to do on the spot, much like Smash Bros but its still different enough that I can say its not like Smash Bros too at the same time. If you get what I mean? I feel like this game is going to blow up become a big thing. I'm glad I'm apart of the community for this game too. All the guys in the SoCal Smash scene are playing this game too right now so I have plenty of people to play online against. My brothers' friends are also into this game as well.
     So Rivals has been pretty cool. I've also been putting in work on Heroes of the Storm. I haven't been doing that well in Hero League but its all good. I've been playing it with friends chatting on Skype and also using this new chat browser program called Discord, I gotta say that I really love the Discord program, its neat. Try that program out, you can create your own server and chat with people just using your web browser. A lot easier than using Skype. It's been fun playing online and actually communicating with people instead of just sitting alone online and just typing out stuff to peeps. Makes the game much more enjoyable. I've been playing a lot of Lt. Morales, Uther, and Artanis in Heroes lately. I guess you could say they are my go to and best heroes to play. I feel like right now Heroes of the Storm is kind of in a lull because everybody's been playing it to death and some of the heroes just aren't all that interesting. There's also the fact that people just take forever to kill in Heroes unless you have your whole team of five focusing one person-which is super rare, especially in team fights.
      In addition, I've also been watching a lot of anime. Mainly Hunter x Hunter. My friend turned me onto the show and now that I've subbed to Crunchyroll, its a joy watching anime late into the night commercial free. I'm also into JoJo's Bizarre Adventures too, which is, aptly named so because it is, well, bizarre. I would say that I'm so into anime that I might as well consider myself Otaku, which sounds horrible and bad, but my friend claims that even though I don't consider myself otaku, that I am anyways. Its a bad term in Japan but I guess being otaku in America is a little less bad meaning because nobody really knows what it means here. I would say I just love anime, Japanese video games (Super Smash Brothers), and I play Japanese guitars (Jackson Dinky w/ Floyd rose).
     Also, I've been watching stuff on AmazonPrime. I recently became a subscriber so its been fun watching Man in the High Castle, Workaholics, and this show about college at the Manhattan School of Music called Mozart in the Jungle.
      That's all for now. Sleep awaits. Did you get that Slayer reference?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...