Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Trump Defeats Hillary


Today was unprecedented. Trump won the 2016 election against Hillary Clinton. The polls all got it wrong. The news stations all got it wrong. It was a regular work day for me but a lot of momentum built up to this election day and I was excited throughout the entire day, even checking the news on the break room TV all day for any updates. I was prepared for a victory of the first ever female American President.

But that's not what happened. Trump ended up winning. During all the time up to today I thought he was a joke and that Hillary was going to win in a landslide. Needless to say, I'm quite shocked. Still am as I'm of this post. I'm not necessarily angry but I am not happy either. Either way life will go on for me and I'll need to do all the necessary things I need to do to lead a happy and fulfilling life.

But then again there's something odd about all of this. How could so many people vote for a fear mongering, racist, misogynistic, asshole? The answer is clear. People are afraid and uncertain about their future. They don't want another Clinton in the White House because Clinton's represent the old way and she comes with a shit ton of baggage. Many of my young associates didn't vote this election because they said both candidates were shit.

Well, if you chose not to vote then in my opinion you don't get to complain about the country's future. I believe as an American it's your duty to vote. While I do think Hillary and Trump aren't the best Presidential candidates (I had my eyes on Bernie) I do think Hillary was the lesser of two evils. Even if she's a baddie too at least she's a baddie with Presidential experience and a hard working political record. Trump, on the other hand is just an asshole with a loud mouth. The stuff he's said during his campaign is all mostly evil shit.

It's possible that he will lead us all to ruin. It's possible we've already reached the peak of human evolution and potential and voting for Trump will bring us backwards. But the stupid part of me thinks Trump could be a great President. He could somehow get the right people in Congress to work together and get a lot of work done. I wish him good luck on that.

Even though I thought of Trump as a joke I gotta hand it to him that he's come very far with no political experience and being a straight up hater. It will take a village to show him how to lead and organize people and the country. I don't think he knows what he's doing but I think with the right political aides and advisers as well as senators backing him up I think he can learn the job as he goes. It will be political improvising with the fate of the country. But I do think that it's possible for him to do it. At least that's what I want to believe.

He could just bring the country to its knees and cause more division, hate, fear mongering, all that jazz. He's been great at doing that so far. Let's hope he quits the bullshit he's been spewing during the campaign and actually starts learning how to be a leader.

If not, then God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

flowers and sunshine!

Greetings, cosmic playground ,  How goes the cosmic dance in your corner of the infinitesimal universe? Life has been a delightful romp thro...